News Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom experiencing extended downtime

Disney Dad 3000

Any word on this? I know fastpass bookings have been open for the 14th for awhile now, but I know they also were open back up on 7/1 after the initial closing before getting pushed out again.

Movielover

Ha. I'd be more interested in what music he'd have playing in the background of that video more than the tech specs..

tumblr_oinzp54x5O1u501aoo1_400.gif

I'll just go ahead and accept a Executive Producer credit for that one @marni1971 ! ;)

yensidtlaw1969

I would much rather ride a cheesy roller coaster that is actually kind of fun than sit through the Tiki room that is so bad it make me want to run out screaming, or Indiana Jones which was good at one point but has not changed at all in 30 years time, or Tom Sawyer Island which is well, boring unless you are 5.
I happen to enjoy Tom Sawyer Island for its ability to take me back to what it was like when I was 5.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Primeval Whirl is a fun ride

'fixed! ;)

Nah, in all honesty it's fun. But, I still think it'd be better in Adventureland if they were to move it. They could even leave it with mostly exposed rails. All I ask is that Disney add what looks like the remains of a stone temple ruins, a dancing King Louis AA, some jungle flora, and blast "I wanna be like you" through newly installed on-board speakers. "Bare Necessities" works too! Different Song per side?

Last edited:

Bocabear

'fixed! ;)

Nah, in all honesty it's fun. But, I still think it'd be better in Adventureland if they were to move it. They could even leave it with mostly exposed rails. All I ask is that Disney add what looks like the remains of a stone ruins temple, a dancing King Louis AA, some jungle flora, and blast "I wanna be like you" through newly installed on-board speakers. "Bare Necessities" works too! Different Song per side?
Having ridden the Indiana Jones Coaster in DLP, I think the Asian temple ruins around a kit coaster (Raging Spirits) could be a great addition to Adventureland, and the Jungle Book animatronics and music would make it especially fun.
Even adding the junglebook overlay to the temple in the Jungle Cruise with animatronic King Louie and cast would add a lot to the ride... Perhaps with a complete overhaul , lots of new animatronics and set pieces, the Jungle Cruise would not have to rely on bad jokes, but the ride itself would be enough...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Having ridden the Indiana Jones Coaster in DLP, I think the Asian temple ruins around a kit coaster (Raging Spirits) could be a great addition to Adventureland, and the Jungle Book animatronics and music would make it especially fun.
Even adding the junglebook overlay to the temple in the Jungle Cruise with animatronic King Louie and cast would add a lot to the ride... Perhaps with a complete overhaul , lots of new animatronics and set pieces, the Jungle Cruise would not have to rely on bad jokes, but the ride itself would be enough...

Yeah. I think people are quick to shoot down an off-the-shelf kit coaster, but with enough theming It's not like Disney couldn't make it a quality attraction. This coaster in particular gets a bad wrap because it "looks" like carnival trash. With greater theming it'd be a bonafide hit! Especially in Adventureland...

rle4lunch

Yeah. I think people are quick to shoot down an off-the-shelf kit coaster, but with enough theming It's not like Disney couldn't make it a quality attraction. This coaster in particular gets a bad wrap because it "looks" like carnival trash. With greater theming it'd be a bonafide hit! Especially in Adventureland...

The whole land looks like carnival trash. I know that was the whole 'idea', but boy does it NOT fit with the rest of DAK. I do enjoy the popcorn stand there while my kid goes down the slides in the boneyard though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom