News Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom experiencing extended downtime

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Man, if they slapped some 2-D cutouts of Woody and Buzz on this attraction a lot more folks on here would enthusiasticly defend it.

Perfect! And it could move to DHS to be a part of TSL. Might as well take Triceratop Spin too. Relocate Dinorama to DHS with Toy Story rethemes = win. DHS needs rides. More importantly DAK needs "better" rides. I'd be OK with this... cardboard cut-outs and all.

GordonR

There was an accident on a clone of this attraction at a UK theme park a few weeks ago where a child fell out, he is out of hospital. There is an ongoing investigation regarding the cause.

Either Disney has finally heard about this accident and is closing it is a precaution or there has been a safety notice posted by the manufacturer. Not sure if other clones (there are 31) are still operating.

That’s quite likely. A 7 year old fell from the ride and the UK HSE are investigating. If there is any risk that not fully understood, then keeping it closed is the right thing to do.

However as for this forum, what a shambles of a discussion, really poor show by people in here.

gmajew

Premium Member
I rode this ride for the first time last week... It is horrible and needs to go! I defend this area many many times but this ride is just bad!

It is no way up to Disney level even for a coaster it is weak.....

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I rode this ride for the first time last week... It is horrible and needs to go! I defend this area many many times but this ride is just bad!

It is no way up to Disney level even for a coaster it is weak.....
My kids loved it when they were school aged. It was a fun little ride, with hardly any wait.

My issue with the ride is the headache inducing clanging, ticking, and cuckoo noises. It’s actually worse walking by than while you are riding.

Much like the Tomorrowland Speedway, the ambiance in the immediate area is vastly improved with its closure, simply from a noise perspective.

Epcot_Imagineer

That’s quite likely. A 7 year old fell from the ride and the UK HSE are investigating. If there is any risk that not fully understood, then keeping it closed is the right thing to do.
Primeval Whirl has been involved of the deaths of two Disney workers, the clone of this ride now has a child fall out, and apparently this same clone in the UK was involved in a collision and death in 2001... This coaster has a pretty poor record.

180º

I have not been brave enough to go to it in probably 15 years it was so bad , due to this thread though my daughter and I have agreed to give it another try on our December trip, maybe I will like it now.
This actually might explain it. 15 years ago, the Tiki Room was suffering from a hamfisted, cynical, self-disrespecting IP overlay. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it more this time around now that it’s been mostly restored to its original state. :)

Primeval Whirl, on the other hand, offers nothing unique or pleasant that can’t be found at a dingy carnival and has got to go. I hope this is the first sign of doom for Dino-Rama.

Epcot_Imagineer

Close Mission: SPACE and the Matterhorn, too!
I'm not trying to say any ride with an injury or loss of life deserves a permanent closure, I'm just saying this one ride system seems to have a particularly bad history to it and problems that still occur to this day. Mission: Space had people on it with heart conditions, which isn't the ride system's fault. Matterhorn has people die with seat restraint problems, which is one singular problem.

Movielover

For any knee-jerk bloggers looking, these are construction photos from the early 2000s.

Way to ruin the fun, your suppose to wait 1 week for this to spread to every corner of the internet before debunking this and crushing everyone's souls...

f04.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom