Prime Time Shuttle or other transportation from LAX to Disneyland hotels

SirWillow

Original Poster
We're arriving in 2 weeks for our long overdue trip to Disneyland. Have a private van booked with Prime Time Shuttle from LAX for our group of 5 to our hotel on Harbor across the street from Disneyland. But I've had a couple of things happen that are starting to cause me concern.

Has anyone else had experience with them? Was it good, positive, or neutral? and if I have to change the reservation to another company in the next few days, who would you suggest for a group of 5 for under $100 each way that is reliable? I've checked Uber and Lyft and they've generally come in over that because of the size of our group and that we would need a larger vehicle. And honestly my experiences with them have been rather mixed anyways.

Heppenheimer

Under $100 for 5 from LAX doesn't seem realistic. I've used Super Shuttle for LAX to Anaheim and my memory of the cost was somewhere in the $40+ range round trip for one passenger in 2016. I think my wife and I paid something along the lines of about $80 round-trip for the two of us on the much shorter trip from John Wayne Airport in 2017.

And for comparison, I have a quoted estimate from Payless Shuttle for three for 2020 from John Wayne at $170 round trip, but this includes a provided child seat.

Janir

+ 1 for Supershuttle. Used them from John Wayne to Aneheim and back for $30 a person per leg ( $120 all day for round trip 2 ppl) last November.

Adventureland Veranda

It will cost a bit more, but I have used the Disneyland Resort Express (operated by Coach USA) for three years running to/from both LAX and John Wayne, and have been extremely pleased. They operate full-sized motorcoaches.
Same here, we used them this past August and were happy with the experience. The only drawback is that the bus has to stop at every terminal which takes a while. The ride to the resort was great. A word of warning - there's a van that's basically duct taped together that shows up minutes before the legitimate Disneyland Resort Express. Don't let the Disneyland Express magnet fool you! I saved a few families from getting on it.

SirWillow

Original Poster
Appreciate the input. The quotes we are getting are for each way, so round trip around $155-180 for 5 adults

Have you considered doing 2 ubers and lyfts and splitting the party up? I think this might be the better option.

Depending on how long you are staying it might be cheaper to just rent a car if you are looking for 100 bucks each way.

As I mentioned, I haven't had good experiences with them. But even so, paying for essentially 4 trips is going to be even more expensive. The early quotes I've been getting have been around $60+ each way for a small ($120 for 2 vehicles, or $240 total) , which is even more than the large vehicle we can all ride in would be.

And that's going to certainly be more than a rental car would be, especially when we add on the parking fee that the hotel we are staying at charges.

It will cost a bit more, but I have used the Disneyland Resort Express (operated by Coach USA) for three years running to/from both LAX and John Wayne, and have been extremely pleased. They operate full-sized motorcoaches.

The problem with the Disneyland Express is that it doesn't stop at our hotel. The closest stop is a good half to 1 block away from ours. So we would be paying more, and then have to walk and haul the luggage down the street. Not good solutions on either one.

After getting more of a run around today, I may check back in with Super Shuttle. They were more expensive earlier, but might change. There's also Long Beach Shuttle I may check out.

Darkbeer1

My preferred options for using a SoCal airport (I prefer LGB, SNA, ONT, BUR and last is LAX).

Short term - Drive myself and use short term parking.

Long term - Executive Car that is waiting for you at the Baggage Check area.

SirWillow

Original Poster
My preferred options for using a SoCal airport (I prefer LGB, SNA, ONT, BUR and last is LAX).

Short term - Drive myself and use short term parking.

Long term - Executive Car that is waiting for you at the Baggage Check area.

We would have loved to fly into one of the other airports, but it would have run us $200+ more per person for the next cheapest airport. And since we're doing this on a tight budget, that $1000 wasn't money we had. :) so LAX it is.

And that also means the shuttle van we currently have booked is $100/ round trip less than the Executive Car. :-(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom