Priciest Place on Earth

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No, I really didn’t. The acronym fit. Now go ahead and follow it.
You can’t understand why “my Disney” kinda sucks right now and it’s getting far more complaints than praise…

And since you can’t fathom how that can ever be…you’re attacking people who dare question it instead of a bit of self reflection…

So “GU”…

This first session is on the house 👍🏻

JusticeDisney

You can’t understand why “my Disney” kinda sucks right now and it’s getting far more complaints than praise…

And since you can’t fathom how that can ever be…you’re attacking people who dare question it instead of a bit of self reflection…

So “GU”…

This first session is on the house 👍🏻
You seem very weird. And you embarrass yourself in almost every post. But don’t worry about it, we are all used to you by now. That one was on the house as well.

Lilofan

One of the priciest places was swampland in Central FL in 1966. Walt used fake companies and made up names to secretly buy up acres of land that is currently WDW. Buying at $180 per acre, then when the media found out it was him , the price of an acre shot up to $80K per acre.

eliza61nyc

Could you try that again, in English this time, please? Thank you kindly.
Lol I admit that I only get what he's trying to say 25% of the time.
I think for you to back up that claim you have to make the comparisons that show value…not just suggest “they’re out there”

..:your original post was all class 👍🏻

Not the price of 1985…the value compared to today’s prices.

Bit of the “boogieman argument”, no?
No, not in the least. I do think many posters feel that Disney "owes" them a vacation they can afford. Its absolutely relevant to how the view the current environment. Now is it the entire reason for the bitterness? No, but is it part and parcel? Absolutely

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol I admit that I only get what he's trying to say 25% of the time.

No, not in the least. I do think many posters feel that Disney "owes" them a vacation they can afford. Its absolutely relevant to how the view the current environment. Now is it the entire reason for the bitterness? No, but is it part and parcel? Absolutely
Well I never support “owe”…I support customers holding Disney accountable for the product they offer at the price by voting with their wallet. Which wdw customers can’t pull off…

I also reject groupthink and treating a stock traded company that doesn’t care about anything but that as being “good” or “happy” or “family focused”…because that is never the case.

I’ll be on the hill if you need me😎

eliza61nyc

Well I never support “owe”…I support customers holding Disney accountable for the product they offer at the price by voting with their wallet. Which wdw customers can’t pull off…

I also reject groupthink and treating a stock traded company that doesn’t care about anything but that as being “good” or “happy” or “family focused”…because that is never the case.

I’ll be on the hill if you need me😎
Hey I have no issue with that, and have questioned many many poster who whine incessantly yet still go. I find most don't "vote" with their wallet, rather they give excuses as to "why" they still go and when you question why they don't vote with their wallet you get the classic, "I never said I hated it" or " if it wasn't for xyz I wouldn't be going" or my personal favorite, I go but I'm not spending anywhere near what I use to spend"

Lol is that a Jack and Jill went up the hill thing??

erasure fan1

Lol your missing the entitlement factor. People want to go to WDW , they just want to pay what they feel they think it's worth or what they paid in 1985.
I don't think most of us complaining about price think this way at all. The root of the cost factor problem is value. I have been outspoken with my criticisms of Disneys cost increases. But it's not because they raised prices. It's because of what they've done with the price increases. If Disney was improving the parks, adding rides and attractions... I wouldn't have an issue. Instead, we see all this so called building in the parks, and what do the parks gain? Next to nothing. Almost no capacity is being added. So for all the crazy nickel and diming that has been going on, you get a vastly inferior product in my opinion.

NickMaio

I don't think most of us complaining about price think this way at all. The root of the cost factor problem is value. I have been outspoken with my criticisms of Disneys cost increases. But it's not because they raised prices. It's because of what they've done with the price increases. If Disney was improving the parks, adding rides and attractions... I wouldn't have an issue. Instead, we see all this so called building in the parks, and what do the parks gain? Next to nothing. Almost no capacity is being added. So for all the crazy nickel and diming that has been going on, you get a vastly inferior product in my opinion.
Thank you....I was going to post the same.
WDW was always expensive.....but I felt it was worth it.
Now, it's not. Too much, too many restrictions, lesser food quality, lower staff service, very poor ride maintenance, being on my phone all the time, on and on.......
We will return when/if changes happen.

Naplesgolfer

I totally agree. I personally have kept enjoying the parks because of my children and now my first grand child. Going with my grandson has reordered my priorities enough to make me happy, for now. I have never complained about Disney pricing in 26 years of going to WDW, my issues are the steady break down in up-keep, expansion, amenities and service. There are still many cast members who are so special and I give them all a shout out. I love the place, but corporate leadership are losing the road map that made the parks division what it was.

rreading

Ticket prices - I purchased From UT

2007 - 7 Day Hopper - $254.95
2010 - 6 Day Hopper - $286.95
2013 - 7 Day Hopper - $349.75
2019 - 7 Day Hopper - $482.89
2019 - 6 Day Hopper - $546.94
2019 - 7 Day Hopper - $557.10
2022 - 6 Day Hopper - $661.95
My recall of what’s happened there is twofold: sure the base ticket is more expensive but they really used to drop the price for subsequent days - not so much anymore

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My recall of what’s happened there is twofold: sure the base ticket is more expensive but they really used to drop the price for subsequent days - not so much anymore
Both…

But that will be defended as “normal inflation” by sycophants.

Cause your $150,000 house should cost $390,000 now and your $18,000 car is an easy $46,500

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom