Priciest Place on Earth

Lilofan

If we were to go back to WDW property AKL would be the only place we would stay, because of those views.
They must be nice.
AKL is nice, love Boma breakfast and dinner Buffett. FYI- Before the fatal alligator attack on the 2 year old at the Grand Floridian beach, AKL already had posted alligator warning signs by the hotel tennis courts that are next to retention ponds. Small gym however Saratoga has the best gym facilities on property.

yensid1967

Given all the flaws WDW and DL seems to have with prices, Genie+, Lightning Lanes, etc.

Would you pay the prices to get rid of GENIE+ and Lightning Lanes and go back to FP's?

TrainsOfDisney

Make sure you don’t end up in East St. Louis day or night for your own safety.
Been there a few times. Most recently stayed at the Hampton Inn but I’ve also stayed at the Drury. Didn’t notice anything unusual at the chick-fil-a or chipotle.

What should I be concerned about?

Lilofan

Been there a few times. Most recently stayed at the Hampton Inn but I’ve also stayed at the Drury. Didn’t notice anything unusual at the chick-fil-a or chipotle.

What should I be concerned about?
Crime, assaults, robberies in E.St Louis , etc. worked with peers who grew up there and gladly moved out.

eliza61nyc

Make sure you don’t end up in East St. Louis day or night for your own safety as reputed to be America’s most dangerous city.
Unfortunately I'm in Philadelphia and we're in the midst of a horrible gun violence crisis. Tourist areas are very safe but makes me want to weep. 😢 it's a really beautiful city.

We do try to see the rest of the country on our "off" Disney years.

I'm dying to do Yellowstone

Lilofan

Unfortunately I'm in Philadelphia and we're in the midst of a horrible gun violence crisis. Tourist areas are very safe but makes me want to weep. 😢 it's a really beautiful city.

Been to both cities. In regards to foodies, hands down food in Philly far superior than Orlando. Pat’s or Gino’s?

John park hopper

Eliza I thought at one time you were looking to retire maybe Charleston SC. Gotta ask why are you staying in Philly the once upon a time city of brotherly love 100 murders so far and no end in sight

Lilofan

If you think about it though.....
Parking is no longer free because they are getting your parking money at the resort instead of the gate.
Actually they are potentially getting more money, if you don't go to a park every day.
We would take days off to chill, they would still be collecting money on our off park days.

This is one of the big reasons why we refused to ever stay on grounds, again.
Of course there are other reasons as well....
I believe the non Disney resort hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd in walking distance to Disney Springs are on the same program. Stay at their hotel, pay to park your car.

WishIWasRetired

Given all the flaws WDW and DL seems to have with prices, Genie+, Lightning Lanes, etc.

Would you pay the prices to get rid of GENIE+ and Lightning Lanes and go back to FP's?

If they are going to charge extra for it anyway, I would have preferred they just created another ticket option like they do with add park hopper for x dollars have a add a genie option and allow me to utilize the FP + system 60 days out like it was. Even if it was only a week in advanced it would at the very least let me plan the first few fast passes of the day without it having to be the first thing I have to do every morning before 7am on my vacation.

eliza61nyc

Eliza I thought at one time you were looking to retire maybe Charleston SC. Gotta ask why are you staying in Philly the once upon a time city of brotherly love 100 murders so far and no end in sight
Pretty much because of kids and that cute grandkid.. 😍 it's still in my "grand plans"
It's really sad because it was/is a great city!! 😓14 shootings over the memorial day weekend. Lol I can't discuss how I feel about those governing, 🤬

@Lilofan ssssh a few blocks away on south street is ishkabibbles. Best cheesesteaks in town

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really don't think it's that expensive relative to other travel destinations. Traveling is expensive and there is a ton of entertainment at Disney. Sure, it's gotten more expensive over time, but I think there are only a few costs that are really insane. I totally disagree with paying to ride. It's the wrong cost structure and execution if you're doing that.
I think for you to back up that claim you have to make the comparisons that show value…not just suggest “they’re out there”
If WDW is too expensive for you, then don’t go. If you do decide to go to WDW, then about the cost.

Isn’t it really just as simple as that? I mean, what am I missing here?
..:your original post was all class 👍🏻
Lol your missing the entitlement factor. People want to go to WDW , they just want to pay what they feel they think it's worth or what they paid in 1985.
Not the price of 1985…the value compared to today’s prices.

Bit of the “boogieman argument”, no?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If they are going to charge extra for it anyway, I would have preferred they just created another ticket option like they do with add park hopper for x dollars have a add a genie option and allow me to utilize the FP + system 60 days out like it was. Even if it was only a week in advanced it would at the very least let me plan the first few fast passes of the day without it having to be the first thing I have to do every morning before 7am on my vacation.
They can’t do that…because they don’t have the capacity and it would be overrun.

If you strictly limit it - you have a line of people that paid $150 ahead to get in today that want it and can’t buy it.

See the problem when you don’t build for capacity for Bob’s reign?

JusticeDisney

I think for you to back up that claim you have to make the comparisons that show value…not just suggest “they’re out there”

..:your original post was all class 👍🏻

Not the price of 1985…the value compared to today’s prices.

Bit of the “boogieman argument”, no?
As if I needed the likes of you to tell me that.

WishIWasRetired

They can’t do that…because they don’t have the capacity and it would be overrun.

If you strictly limit it - you have a line of people that paid $150 ahead to get in today that want it and can’t buy it.

See the problem when you don’t build for capacity for Bob’s reign?

As of June 8, it seems they are going to put a cap on Genie availability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom