Prices for Room Only - UK visitors - Walt Disney Travel

pjulie75

I was looking on Walt Disney Travel company for room only for POFQ and this was £100 per night for June 2011. The prices disappeared for a weeks and have now been appeared showing £140 per night, can't believe the increase - 40% per night, this would be an extra £560!!! Wished I had book then:brick:. Unsure now if we will be staying onsite as holiday price seems to creeping up and up. Flying from Scotland, so paying for flights which are expensive from Glasgow, car hire, hotel, tickets etc, might need to go for cheaper option:cry:.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Welcome to the UK - where you get ripped off for everything. :mad:

As you're after room only -you obviously have flights arranged. Have you tried getting prices DIRECTLY from WDW ??

Upvote 0

Ghall

They probably amended it due to the rate of exchange with the dollar. We found last year it was cheaper to book our holiday in UK£'s than in US$'s as the euro was better against sterling but this year it's cheaper if you book in dollars. Also last year we paid £36.99 pp for the deluxe dinning plan and this year its £46.00, that's a big increase £10 pppd especially when there is 5 of us and we stay for 3 weeks. Maybe you will get lucky and get a pin code!

Upvote 0

pjulie75

Original Poster
Hi, when I have booked with Walt Disney Travel Company UK is this direct? I thought it was for Uk residents but direct with disney.:veryconfu Who do i contact to cut out the middle man, I need a bargain lol

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I was looking on Walt Disney Travel company for room only for POFQ and this was £100 per night for June 2011. The prices disappeared for a weeks and have now been appeared showing £140 per night, can't believe the increase - 40% per night, this would be an extra £560!!! Wished I had book then:brick:. Unsure now if we will be staying onsite as holiday price seems to creeping up and up. Flying from Scotland, so paying for flights which are expensive from Glasgow, car hire, hotel, tickets etc, might need to go for cheaper option:cry:.

If you do go off site, check out http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Gaylord-Palms-Resort.htm - roughly $120 per night, and its a deluxe resort.
We have some great rates, and its about 3 minutes from the Pop Century Resort, so VERY close to WDW.

Upvote 0

disDUBney

Hi, when I have booked with Walt Disney Travel Company UK is this direct? I thought it was for Uk residents but direct with disney.:veryconfu Who do i contact to cut out the middle man, I need a bargain lol

Yes, you are correct the Walt Disney Travel Company Uk is the international site for disney, it's for UK/Irish visitors and prices are in sterling. But you can also book on the US Disney site www.Disneyworld.com and pay in dollars. We are lucky enough to be able to book on either site and take advantage of any offers they may have. Last year we booked on the UK site and got the 14 days for the price of 10 days and the UK site has a better deal on the park passes for UK/Irish visitors but we have booked on the US site as well. I usually check the prices on both site, it depends on how strong the euro is against the dollar or sterling.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom