Priceline express deals

Nj4mwc

Original Poster
So I’ve been checking Priceline express deals and then cross referencing with expdealshotel.com and wondering if any body has experience with knowing what hotel your getting. Supposedly that’s art of animation for the week in sept I’m going on wondering if this is legit and if I should take the gamble. Anyone have experience with Priceline express deals?

Attachments

• E424C57B-AE87-4DEE-8E92-2BCB3E6FE88A.png
    E424C57B-AE87-4DEE-8E92-2BCB3E6FE88A.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 446

KIsAPrincess

We took a gamble on a Priceline Express Deal in June....(I was really trying to get Bonnet Creek). Ended up with Disney's CBR. Pirate room and all for next to nothing (With taxes I think it might be have been $105 a night).

I have been nothing but pleasantly surprised with Priceline's Express Deals. We've gotten some good ones.

MomofPrincessGrace

At what point do you find out which resort you've gotten?
After you have paid. I have an algorithim that I use and it worked for me a few weeks ago when I booked a room in New Orleans. First, you find an express deal in the price range you want. Priceline gives you the price, the percentage savings, area, and usually there will be a little pop up that says 'someone just paid xyz for this hotel'. I take that information and begin to narrow down the results. I go back to the results page, and narrow down beginning with the area. Once you have filtered it by area, I then filter by stars and guest reviews, you can then try and see if one of the listed prices matches what 'xyz paid'. For example, if on the mystery deal it says that someone paid $100 for this hotel, there should be a result that is or close to $100. If there are more options, filter even more. If the mystery rate is $75 with a 25% discount, you would know that the hotel is listed normally for $100. I also find it easy to filter results faster with free parking or breakfast options. You know that Disney hotels won't have a free breakfast option, so you can rule out those mystery deals. The express deals won't show you any of the reviews, but they will say '763 reviews' you can then look for hotels with 700+ reviews. It sounds much more complicated than it is, but we were able to save 50% on our hotel in New Orleans using this trick. Of course I still hold my breath, but it works.

deeevo

Wow... I didn't know WDW participated in name your price bookings. I booked Wyndham Bonnet Creek on Hotwire this spring for $110 a night but they got with with the resort fee's and parking. May try my luck with Priceline next time.

Mark Cameron

I have been seeing people talk about this on some other forums and a lot of people are getting great deals at Port Orleans French Quarter. You look for certain phrasing in the description of the hotel. I think for POFQ it says something like Jazzy Entertainment. I have seen some people getting FQ for like $106 per night.

Nj4mwc

Original Poster
So I’ve linked my Priceline express deal reservation to my Disney experience app and under the details it says NFV room only. Does anyone know what that means. My wife is convinced it’s some scam to put the Priceline buyers in some crappy rooms

Attachments

• A2124F20-FB25-4D01-97D2-787C52B37FEE.jpeg
    A2124F20-FB25-4D01-97D2-787C52B37FEE.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 347

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Bookings appear to be way down this year. It’s either that...or they’ve starting to hit the price barrier.

From an economic perspective...there isn’t really any other viable reasons in a “great” economy...except that the entire dynamic is changing...much evidence outside of WDW to support that.

MomofPrincessGrace

So I’ve linked my Priceline express deal reservation to my Disney experience app and under the details it says NFV room only. Does anyone know what that means. My wife is convinced it’s some scam to put the Priceline buyers in some crappy rooms
I wonder if that is just their code that a specific room type wasn't requested or that it was booked through a 3rd party site.

KIsAPrincess

I think it's their code that the room wasn't booked through Disney. When I checked in, the CM knew I had booked through Priceline. Also very interesting - not sure if this is because it is relatively new - but we were not charged for parking when we stayed at CBR after booking through Priceline. I was expecting the charge, but did not get it.

MomofPrincessGrace

I think it's their code that the room wasn't booked through Disney. When I checked in, the CM knew I had booked through Priceline. Also very interesting - not sure if this is because it is relatively new - but we were not charged for parking when we stayed at CBR after booking through Priceline. I was expecting the charge, but did not get it.
What I liked about booking through Priceline was that all taxes and fees were included. I have a feeling Priceline will just roll that amount into their deal price. I hate having to pay resort fees so I paid attention to the fine print.

Disney Ron

These are the descriptions you will see and which resort you should get:

Value:
Pop - This vibrant, lively property boasts beautifully landscaped grounds.​
AoA - Enjoy kid-focused colorful, fun indoor and outdoor spaces here.​
All-Star Movies - Take advantage of the walking trail and lovely pools at this centrally located lodging.​
All-Star Sports - Get active on the sports courts at this location close to the best attractions.​
Moderate:
POFQ - Enjoy jazzy evening entertainment at this well-designed resort.​
POR - Find lots of amenities amid the Southern style at this upscale resort.​
CBR - Numerous pools and lush surroundings are hallmarks of this tropically inspired spot.​
Deluxe:
Boardwalk Inn - The kids will love the super pool at this resort with plenty of old-fashioned charm.​
Beach Club/Yacht Club - Enjoy the water features and dining at this Orlando resort.​
AKL - Breathtaking décor and plenty of entertainment options welcome you to this unique property.​
Poly - Soak in the waterside views and tropical decor close to area attractions.​
GF - Pamper yourself in the smartly designed rooms or at the spa of this grand choice.​
Deluxe/Other:
Dolphin - Both the decor and varied recreation options are fun and colorful here.​
Swan - You'll be wowed by this property's contemporary rooms and verdant grounds.​

WDWMPrincess

These are the descriptions you will see and which resort you should get:

Value:
Pop - This vibrant, lively property boasts beautifully landscaped grounds.​
AoA - Enjoy kid-focused colorful, fun indoor and outdoor spaces here.​
All-Star Movies - Take advantage of the walking trail and lovely pools at this centrally located lodging.​
All-Star Sports - Get active on the sports courts at this location close to the best attractions.​
Moderate:
POFQ - Enjoy jazzy evening entertainment at this well-designed resort.​
POR - Find lots of amenities amid the Southern style at this upscale resort.​
CBR - Numerous pools and lush surroundings are hallmarks of this tropically inspired spot.​
Deluxe:
Boardwalk Inn - The kids will love the super pool at this resort with plenty of old-fashioned charm.​
Beach Club/Yacht Club - Enjoy the water features and dining at this Orlando resort.​
AKL - Breathtaking décor and plenty of entertainment options welcome you to this unique property.​
Poly - Soak in the waterside views and tropical decor close to area attractions.​
GF - Pamper yourself in the smartly designed rooms or at the spa of this grand choice.​
Deluxe/Other:
Dolphin - Both the decor and varied recreation options are fun and colorful here.​
Swan - You'll be wowed by this property's contemporary rooms and verdant grounds.​

Thank you for posting this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom