price increase question

cndrellagrl

I have booked my vacation for November, including hotel, dining and tickets. I have heard that prices are going to be going up soon on park tickets. I have not paid my trip in full yet. My question is - is the price of my trip locked in once it is booked, or can it go up when the tickets do because I have not paid in full yet?

timeman

Once you have booked your trip you are locked in at that price. The only way the amount would change would be if you changed it. You have nothing to worry about if there is a price increase on park tickets since you have already booked your package and paid part of it. If the Park Ticket prices are going up this weekend like the rumor says we should hear something tomorrow as Disney usually announces a price increase a couple of days ahead.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

The only other way ticket prices could increase is if a vacation package was for arrival in the next calendar year. Those aren't guaranteed until they officially release next year pricing which is usually in late Summer.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Yes, everyone above is correct.

If you booked a PACKAGE and were quoted an exact price, Disney will not change that price. The ONLY way you would have to involuntarily pay more for a booked, price-quoted package is if the state or county sales tax increases. This happened to me for my 2006 trip. Disney contacted us and explained the reason for the price increase. They can't insulate us from government taxation.

Now, let's say you booked a room-only reservation. Most people don't know this, but you can add tickets to a room-only reservation without automatically making it a package. Doing so saves you a few minutes at check-in if you were otherwise going to purchase your park tickets at the resort, anyway. But in booking it this way, you are merely "reserving" the tickets or letting Disney know of your intent to buy them. If Disney increases their ticket prices between the time you booked the room-only reservation and the time of check-in, then in that case you'd have to pay the "new" ticket price, since you didn't actually book the ticket, you just let them know your intention to buy it.

Details, details .... :brick:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom