Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

Lilofan

I have no words to level set expectations vs reality for navigating the Christmas and New Years crowds. I can say from personal experience just dont...
I do like the bypass walkway backstage Epcot during NYE by Soarin and Mexico China to help with the overwhelming crush of guests.

Disstevefan1

Both are entertainment. Look you can debate this and that. The easy solution is don't go if you don't like it.
999DCC5C-5610-430F-B9F7-AFA4682EE986.png

;)

Disney Dead Head

It's truly stunning.

Capture Your Moment photo session now 99. Was 50 less than a year ago and went to 80 a few months ago.

Be Our Guest and Cape May price increases as well.

I'm sure there are more to come.

I have resort fees on my bingo card. Bet they'll pull that lever as well.
Capture Your Moment photo session now 99. Was 50 less than a year ago and went to 80 a few months ago..

This is the one that bothers me the most. This is nothing more than a service. Disney certainly hasn't increased the salaries of the photographers, so where is the justification other than Demand? I see this as just price gauging, plain and simple.

I also see a lot of "NEW" menu items being added to both QS and TS. this is a simple way to raise prices so that folks cant post or look at what it was priced before. Look for a lot of the items that didn't get increases to disappear

Mr. Moderate

I knew the price hikes were coming and sadly more are on their way and you begin to wonder where is the tipping point? Obviously it's not here yet and you still have the faithful defending all these terrible things the company is doing and nothing will change.
These past few years have been really hard on those who enjoyed going to the parks/resorts, myself included. I've been pulling away from my former passion for quite awhile now with all the terrible changes and greed that has just run amok, with no signs of stopping. The vacation that I was supposed to go on last fall, which got pushed back to next October, I'm ready to throw in the towel and cancel my reservation and I'm at a loss for words on how my wife and I feel about all of this.

erstwo

Enough is never enough. America. Capitalism. Blah blah blah. Your choice is to partake of their business or not, and not to tell them what they can charge because you think it's "enough." I guarantee you they had some making up to do in the profit department after covid and after significant wage increases, whether or not they meet your arbitrary standard. They still went up and that has to be paid for.

Now, they could say, "Hey, we'll just make less profit" and their stock will likely tank and affect the entire company, investments, employees, etc. They are a publicly traded company. Failure is not an option. Lower profits = failure. The system may suck, but they can't change the system. That's on us (government by the people.)

But you're talking about gross income, which doesn't mean a whole lot. Here's net before and through much of the worst of covid:

• Disney annual net income for 2021 was $1.995B, a 169.66% decline from 2020.
  • Disney annual net income for 2020 was $-2.864B, a 125.91% decline from 2019.
  • Disney annual net income for 2019 was $11.054B, a 12.26% decline from 2018.
They're improving now, but you can't just ignore those years of losses. Do you ever want a new movie or attraction again?

• Disney net income for the twelve months ending June 30, 2022 was $3.142B, a 179.04% increase year-over-year.
This is how the real world works, not what everyone on the internet "thinks" it "should" be.

Cue disgruntled guffaws because Roy could make it work for Walt back when you could buy a house for less than half the price of a car today. It will never be like that again. Nothing ever will. Take all the improvements we've made since then and weigh it against your idea of what was ideal back then.

$6.25? Wow, that Halloween party a couple of years ago was an even better value than I thought! ;) :p

Waiting for that day like...
View attachment 672221
I love this so much. People tend to not look at the whole financial picture of a given company - even the news/ reporters portray it incorrectly so many times - telling the truth but not giving the whole picture - mostly to get people to read their articles.

The myth of wdw customer wealth is largely just that.
Disney knows EVERYTHING about their customers - they aren't just making decisions in a boardroom willy nilly. They have whole teams of people - marketers, sociologists, economists, etc - that constantly analyze each market (USA, foreign). Disney knows their incomes, they know their customers interests, they know crazy things like what cars they drive and what the average square footage is in their houses.
We may not like it, but Disney isn't making these changes in a vacuum or guided boardroom in the sky.

Those comparison would fail to paint the picture. At least for now. It’s the total cost that has to be factored and that is a function of length of stay. Regionals don’t play out. Universal doesn’t yet…but check it in 2-3 years.

The most accurate comparison - except for ski weeks - is still cruises out of Florida. The “most” accurate comp. Maybe weekly beach rentals?
A week on 30A/ Florida Panhandle (Watercolor in this case, but comparable to Seaside) 4 bedroom house Spring Break week:
2019 - $3500
2020 - $4000 (this might be low - I have to go back and double check)
2021 - Didn't go to the beach
2022 - (just googled a few to look): $6600
We stay at the same house every year except 2021, we waited too long to book and missed it.

DisneyDreamer08

I saw an article yesterday about certain table service meals going up in price- places like Chef Mickey’s and Tusker House. Now I can’t remember where I read it. Does anyone have a link or any additional info? Tusker House breakfast is a tradition for us and we were hoping to do it in March.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I saw an article yesterday about certain table service meals going up in price- places like Chef Mickey’s and Tusker House. Now I can’t remember where I read it. Does anyone have a link or any additional info? Tusker House breakfast is a tradition for us and we were hoping to do it in March.
think i saw on twitter someone mentioning it $4 increase

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney knows EVERYTHING about their customers - they aren't just making decisions in a boardroom willy nilly. They have whole teams of people - marketers, sociologists, economists, etc - that constantly analyze each market (USA, foreign). Disney knows their incomes, they know their customers interests, they know crazy things like what cars they drive and what the average square footage is in their houses.
We may not like it, but Disney isn't making these changes in a vacuum or guided boardroom in the sky.
1. That’s not what I’m saying
2. You’re assuming the management goals are the same as 1994
2 …dude…who are talking to? 🤓

A week on 30A/ Florida Panhandle (Watercolor in this case, but comparable to Seaside) 4 bedroom house Spring Break week:
2019 - $3500
2020 - $4000 (this might be low - I have to go back and double check)
2021 - Didn't go to the beach
2022 - (just googled a few to look): $6600
We stay at the same house every year except 2021, we waited too long to book and missed it.
So do comps of what Disney costs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom