Pressed Pennies guide?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
Mods, if this is the wrong forum, please move... I wasn't sure where to put it! :)

When I was at the MK two weeks ago, a CM tipped me off that at City Hall, they should have a list of where I can get certain pressed pennies but unfortunately, they didn't have that when I went.

I was just browsing Etsy (LOVE etsy!) and I saw someone has a Haunted Mansion pressed penny that they've converted into a necklace or bracelet or something, I dont know, I was mesmorized by the HM penny too much to notice much else. I didn't see one when I was there, but I'd love to have one!

Is there a definitive list anywhere out there of what places have pennies (and in some cases, pressed quarters, I know my Polynesian one is a quarter!)

Do they vary from Disneyland/Disney World?

Gawd, I WANT that Haunted Mansion one!

Zman-ks

Awesome! Thanks! :)
75.gif

lunchbox1175

we started collecting the pennies a while ago only to find out that they rotate the machines around, so it makes it difficult to keep up with. We had started by eliminating one park at a time, but then on a later trip we found some we already had in another park, so now we try to just make sure we know which ones we have and look for the ones we don't.

MOXOMUMD

You can get updated guides at any resort front desk, park guest services or Downtown Disney guest services. We are about 15 pennies short of having all that are available. The new folders have spaces to include quarters where the older ones don't. And don't forget there are pressed dimes too. (Space Mountain arcade) The machines DO NOT rotate that often but will at times go out for refurbishment. Also you may find a design that you think is exactly like a double but if you look closely it may have a slight difference such as a border added. If you are looking for a big score of coins at once go to the Contemporary. That's where we hit the quarter jackpot. If you are wanting non-Disney or "Florida" coins visit either of the Rainforest Cafes or TRex. Happy hunting!

zero creativity

A good tip, not mine so I can't take credit for it, the mini M and M tubes are great for the pressed pennies. They fit probably over 10 dollars in quarters and you can alternate 2 quarters/1penny and it makes it easier to get them for the machines. Are people giving Canadian pennies away? It would be cool to try something different in the machines.

MOXOMUMD

A good tip, not mine so I can't take credit for it, the mini M and M tubes are great for the pressed pennies. They fit probably over 10 dollars in quarters and you can alternate 2 quarters/1penny and it makes it easier to get them for the machines. Are people giving Canadian pennies away? It would be cool to try something different in the machines.
The Canadian pennies aren't that much different when smashed. It's usually the American ones that sometimes leave an impression of Lincoln when pressed but those are unique too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom