President's Day Weekend?

becanya

Has anyone gone over President's Day Weekend? Touring Plans has the whole weekend as a 8 or 9 for crowd levels. Is this an awful weekend to go? Anyone have experience with that weekend? We are contemplating a short trip in Feb. with the kids.

Nemo14

That weekend is quite busy since most schools up north have that week off. We go that week every year, and the crowds are much better towards the end of the week.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
That weekend is definitely pretty busy. Crowds taper off during the week, then get busy towards the end of the week, when the marathoners start rolling in.

Upvote 0

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
This coming year will be super crowded because Mardi Gras coincides with President's Week. Half of south Louisiana goes to Disney World that week along with tons of people from up north. These two seem to meld into each other every few years. I've heard it described as the perfect storm for crowds. Something like Christmas/New Years-nothing pretty

Upvote 0

loveformickey

We went that week last year and it was a nightmare! I didn't know about the schools up north having the week off until I started talking with some people from Connecticut and they told me how they have the whole week off so a lot of them go to Disney. I thought it was really crowded that whole week. Good luck with your decision. :wave:

Upvote 0

Joshua&CalebDad

Worth going during Presidents Week...

My family and I just went this past year during President's Week and had a great time and crowds were more than bearable. We arrived on Friday nite and left the following Saturday. Just to let you know how buy the park was, we were able to do all of MK in one day and that included going back to the room at mid-day for naps, for our 18 month old and 4 year old. The most crowded time at the park was Sunday and Monday, however on Sunday MK had EMH and was open till 3 am (can't beat that). We only lasted till two. If I had to do it all over again I would go in a heartbeat during that week. :)

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

There are also a lot of people that come in for the Daytona 500 that same time frame. Daytona is not that far. The families go to the race then to Disney. The winner usually goes to Disney a few days after the race.

Upvote 0

boilerpicc

I was there over the week of Presidents' Day 2010. The crowds weren't that bad... definitely better than the summer. It's fine if you use fast passes a lot. The only complaint that I had was the weather. It was WAY colder than I expected it to be (only in the 50's). My in-laws who live down there said it was unseasonably cold, but be prepared.

Upvote 0

Susannah

This coming year will be super crowded because Mardi Gras coincides with President's Week. Half of south Louisiana goes to Disney World that week along with tons of people from up north. These two seem to meld into each other every few years. I've heard it described as the perfect storm for crowds. Something like Christmas/New Years-nothing pretty

This. ^

Southern Louisiana and Mobile and Baldwin counties in Alabama shut completely down for most, if not all, of the week of Mardi Gras. While the tourists are here we go and become tourists else where. In general, we head to Disney, except for when Mardi Gras falls during President's Week.

If nothing else, you can sit back in the middle of the week and count LSU, Alabama, and Auburn shirts and watch us have play fights over which city is the real birth place of Mardi Gras. *cough* Mobile *cough*

Upvote 0
We did a surprise birthday trip for our kids this past President's weekend and it was very crowded. However, it didn't impact our trip... knowing how to tour the parks really helps out! We had an awesome time and are thinking about doing it again this year.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

I'd avoid it if you can as it is one of the busiest weeks of the year. That being said, it's not as bad as Christmas week and the weather in Feb. is generally really nice. Try to avoid the weekends if you're going to go that week as as it gets closer to the weekend it becomes more crowded. Good Luck making your decision!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom