Presidents Day Weekend Crowds

ImperfectPixie

Theme parks shouldn’t require planning and proper timing to have a full day of experiences. They should be places of discovery where people hit the headliners and find things along the way to experience and share together, small moments that create delightful memories and add to a day of big rides.
^^^ x1000.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Theme parks shouldn’t require planning and proper timing to have a full day of experiences. They should be places of discovery where people hit the headliners and find things along the way to experience and share together, small moments that create delightful memories and add to a day of big rides.
I agree But things have changed sadly.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This thought occurred to me the other day;

The 7.3 attractions in a day metric was determined around the year 2000, when a day's admission to Disney World was $46 ($69 with inflation).

Now it's at least $109 for a day's admission, but the daily metric hasn't changed.

For the current price to justify itself, you'd need to hit at least 11.5 attractions in a day, and it's increasingly hard to do so.
*shakes fist* You'll get 7.3 a day...and you'll like it!! Now go buy a $15 Fuzzy TaunTaun in the all new interactive, state of the art, must do, fully immersive Stacy approved Galaxy's Edge!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

BernardandBianca

There are many paying customers who do. I’ve spent entire days at Epcot watching voices of Liberty, Mariachi Band, jammitors, and the chair stacking chefs at Epcot and topped it off with illuminations and felt like I got a full days worth of entertainment value.

So having lots of meet and greets is good...
I would disagree with calling these entertainment elements "meet and greets". A "meet and greet" is where you get to "meet" with a character, and have your picture taken/autograph signed/or similar. The meet and greet does not provide any entertainment, as contrasted with all of the items in your listing.

TrainsOfDisney

I would disagree with calling these entertainment elements "meet and greets". A "meet and greet" is where you get to "meet" with a character, and have your picture taken/autograph signed/or similar. The meet and greet does not provide any entertainment, as contrasted with all of the items in your listing.

I wouldn’t count them as meet and greets either. I would count them, as well as meet and greets, as attractions.

BernardandBianca

Just spent four days in the parks with guests in from out of town, and not only were the crowds massive, I couldn't believe the length of the pastpass lines. I've never seen them this long, and it's at the MK, Studios, and AK. Having the fastpass line extend back to the boarding area for the steamboats is horrible, as ToT back to the brick hut is ridiculous (so much so that we had to skip the ride).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The meet and greet does not provide any entertainment, as contrasted with all of the items in your listing.
Au contraire, mon frere...
Ask the five-year-old if s/he was entertained by meeting their favorite character, and then ask their parents how they felt about it.

Smillies

Just spent four days in the parks with guests in from out of town, and not only were the crowds massive, I couldn't believe the length of the pastpass lines. I've never seen them this long, and it's at the MK, Studios, and AK. Having the fastpass line extend back to the boarding area for the steamboats is horrible, as ToT back to the brick hut is ridiculous (so much so that we had to skip the ride).

This was one of my frustrations this week as well. By the end of my trip I had come to the conclusion the new norm must be shooting for 20-30min waits in the FP line (hey it beats 120min in standby?). I remember the days when FP on ToT meant walking right into the lobby, not queuing up at the gate. Curious if that’s atypical and just a busy week or intentional with FP+.

TDogg76

Was just there Saturday and Sunday after a cruise. My wife and I haven’t seen it that busy since we unfortunately tried to go over New Years about 10 years ago (never again). MK and Epcot were nuts! Lines as long as the eye can see! We had a horrible time and didn’t spend much time in the parks due to crowds. This is why prices will keep skyrocketing! More and more people keep paying more and more prices! As a longtime pass holder and DVC owner...it truly is becoming a less inticing vacation! We couldn’t even get an Uber or Minnie Van to take us to our resort...due to “high volume”! Ugh!!

TrainsOfDisney

This was one of my frustrations this week as well. By the end of my trip I had come to the conclusion the new norm must be shooting for 20-30min waits in the FP line (hey it beats 120min in standby?). I remember the days when FP on ToT meant walking right into the lobby, not queuing up at the gate. Curious if that’s atypical and just a busy week or intentional with FP+.

It was the same at animal kingdom... fp for safari was all the way to the entrance where you scan your ticket / band. Despite the crowds the safari was only using 1 load station.

lazyboy97o

I think you have nailed it. If similar things were happening on other rides then I suspect that unofficial, undeclared cutbacks are being made due to the actual or anticipated financial effects of Corona.
Disney intentionally straining capacity long predates the Coronavirus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom