Premier League in WDW....

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Does anyone know where I might be able to catch the Saturday morning games in WDW? The champions may already be crowned, but the fight for 4th, and the battle against relegation are in full swing. Arsenal plays at 10am on Fox Soccer channel. I'm sure the resort hotel rooms don't broadcast those channels. And none of the bars/lounges seem to open till at least 11. Am I just out of luck for the first half? at least?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think unless ESPN is carrying the game you're out of luck until the ESPN Club opens. And I don't know for certain if they'll carry the games either....

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
I've had this issue in the past, and the only option I could find was to use either espn3 or fox soccer plus streaming on the laptop. It's the plight of the EPL fan in the USA :mad:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
there is an app called 'Fox Soccer 2go'. It covers UEFA and Barclay's matches. Granted, you will be watching them on your phone and not a television.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Here is the channel lineup
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/resort-tv-channels.htm

No Fox Soccer Channel, so it looks like your only chance there would be to try and see it at ESPN Club. Even then, it is going to be down to if they are showing it, or if you can convince them to put that channel on one of the screens.

Thanks for the info Steve.

I figured ESPN was going to be my only chance. They don't open till 11:30 though, by then I'll be lucky to catch the last 10-15 minutes of the match. Oh well. If we can't take 3 from West Brom we deserve to be playing on Thursdays next season.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
I've had this issue in the past, and the only option I could find was to use either espn3 or fox soccer plus streaming on the laptop. It's the plight of the EPL fan in the USA :mad:
there is an app called 'Fox Soccer 2go'. It covers UEFA and Barclay's matches. Granted, you will be watching them on your phone and not a television.

I actually have the FoxSoccer 2go app. But since this game is broadcast on the flagship FSC, it is only shown on delay with the app. Guess I'll be relying on twitter updates. COYG.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Isn't it going to get a whole lot more complex next season as well? I saw that the league sold the USA rights to NBC for next season, so Fox and ESPN are out of the picture.

RedDad

If we can't take 3 from West Brom we deserve to be playing on Thursdays next season.
West Brom are not the pushover they once were... A word of warning from a LFC fan - we were saying the the same thing just a few seasons ago.:(

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Isn't it going to get a whole lot more complex next season as well? I saw that the league sold the USA rights to NBC for next season, so Fox and ESPN are out of the picture.

I think it will actually simplify it. NBC sports is available basically across the board, and they are committed to broadcasting at least 6 live games a week across their family of networks. They paid so much for the rights that I can't see them not investing in growing the sort here. Should be a positive thing for US fans.

LOL true enough!

Who is your team Steve?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think it will actually simplify it. NBC sports is available basically across the board, and they are committed to broadcasting at least 6 live games a week across their family of networks. They paid so much for the rights that I can't see them not investing in growing the sort here. Should be a positive thing for US fans.

Who is your team Steve?

Glad to hear things might be better for the US coverage. It works well in the UK being on one network.

I don't think you will want to hear this, but Man U LOL

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
West Brom are not the pushover they once were... A word of warning from a LFC fan - we were saying the the same thing just a few seasons ago.:(

In Arsene we trust. Or at least I do. I can't see us falling as hard and fast as Liverpool, but who knows? We did keep Theo and re-up Jack, some have a solid base.

RedDad

That's true! Really depends on what NBC plans to do with the rights. If they really offer a decent selection of matches every week I'll be happy - I can stop paying extra for FSC. Hopefully this will open the league up to more viewers and therefore more demand for matches. Hoping it's a sign that we'll start to get decent coverage...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
In Arsene we trust. Or at least I do. I can't see us falling as hard and fast as Liverpool, but who knows? We did keep Theo and re-up Jack, some have a solid base.
Wenger is quality, no question. The Gunners would be crazy to kick him out.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Wenger is quality, no question. The Gunners would be crazy to kick him out.

I don't even like to think about. When he goes, I dread the rotating door of managers we are sure to endure.

Man U. Lucky, lol.

It seems whoever we sell our best players to, invariably wins a title with them immediately. The Dutch skunk is no exception it seems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom