Pregnant at DW?

Marianm

Original Poster
Anyone go to Disney 7-8 months pregnant? Is it doable or miserable? My kids will be 5&7 when we go.

Others may disagree but It is very doable as long as you take things slow and drink lots of water. I went last October while 7-8 months pregnant with my then 19 month old daughter, husband and friend and didn't have any problems. We sat when I got tired and took shortcuts through air conditioned shops when it got really hot. I was really nervous before the trip thinking I would be miserable but I was fine and actually ended up enjoying a last vacation as a family of 3.

Marianm

Original Poster
Others may disagree but It is very doable as long as you take things slow and drink lots of water. I went last October while 7-8 months pregnant with my then 19 month old daughter, husband and friend and didn't have any problems. We sat when I got tired and took shortcuts through air conditioned shops when it got really hot. I was really nervous before the trip thinking I would be miserable but I was fine and actually ended up enjoying a last vacation as a family of 3.

Did you do any rides?

Weather_Lady

I would absolutely go, OP. Just take it easy (as others said), stay hydrated, and double-check with your doctor to see what types of rides (in terms of type of motion, AND in terms of type of restraint system) you ought to avoid.

Last edited:

juniorthomas

First and foremost, (a belated) congrats to you and your family!

As long as you prepare yourself for the fact that this trip will have a different pace than your normal park visit, you should indeed be able to go and have a great time at the parks. If you plan ahead and make a schedule that affords for breaks, either in the park or back at the hotel, you can make the most of your days on property. You could even spring for the Expectant Mother massage at Senses Spa, as a nice change of pace from walking the parks.

From my family's experience, I'd recommend confirming all rides and shows that you can experience and mapping out a strategy that hits those in a manageable fashion. At the same time, it's VERY helpful to know of specific rest spots along the way - places with shade or AC, food/drink, and seating. Also, lean on the Cast Members and Guest Services for anything else you may need. That's what they're there for, and in most cases they're phenomenal.

I hope you have a great visit!

Did you do any rides?

I did the rides without a height requirement (Small World, Mermaid, Pooh Bear, Pirates, Mansion, etc.) without any problem. If the others I was traveling with wanted to do a ride that I couldn't,I took that as an opportunity to sit and relax a bit. As others have said, I recommend speaking with your doctor but it is basically common sense on what rides you should or shouldn't do.

I went at 7 months pregnant and while not the most ideal situation, it can absolutely still be enjoyable. My biggest advice would be to take mid day breaks to get out of the sun and, more importantly, put your feet up. Take some epsom salt to soak them in the tub too. Make sure to stay hydrated and sit down whenever you need to. Caveat: If this is a once in a lifetime trip, I would wait so I could go on all the rides with my kids and go more park commando.

winstongator

When are you going? Echoing javs, stay hydrated. That’ll be easier outside of summer, but it can be hot other times too. Find the shade and sneak inside whenever possible.

Jabbas

My boss went to Disneyworld pregnant around 30 weeks and came bAck in labor. They stopped it for a little bit but ultimately she gave birth Around 32 weeks. Baby was fine. It’s so-able for some, but a little risky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom