Pregnancy at Walt Disney World

trae101

Original Poster
My wife is 6 months pregnant and we will be going to all 4 parks next week.I have a question for anyone that would know.When a ride displays that a pregnant woman should not ride.Are they just trying to cover their tails?I know that some rides are just not suitable,but what about a ride like Splash Mountain or Fast Track?We don't want to harm our unborn child but we would like to know.

StarscreamLSU

I'm guessing the warnings may have something to do with the lap bars? I wouldn't see any problem with Splash Mountain -maybe Fast Track though?

The Mom

Premium Member
I was stopped by a CM trying to go on Splash Mountain when I was about that far along....she wouldn't allow me to ride, and I didn't want to make a stink.

Test Track is a different matter...you have a restraint that might cut into the abdomen, and it is very "jarring"....not really good for the baby. Same thing with Body Wars and Star Tours.

I would say the same for BTM & SM at MK...Dinosaur, PW at AK. I would probably go on River Rapids; except for when you bumpinto the other boats at the unloading dock, it's pretty tame. However, there is a lap belt, and you have to be able to move fairly quickly. At 6 months I wasn't in maternity clothes yet (just loose tops and strech pants & leggings), so that wasn't an issue. Obviously, RnR and ToT are not an option. I went on Norway; no problems. You might also want to avoid the teacups and Dumbo type rides if she has a tendency toward nausea.

disneydudette

I would advise with the signs....disney knows best....

And WOW..making WDW memories already.....

Beware...my mom did the same with me....and look....100+ posts and I just joined in april.........I know all the disney charactes like the back of my hand......I call WDW my second home.....and I'm posting a reply on a pregnency thread!! :lookaroun :lookaroun

What do u expect for being born and raised a disney child:rolleyes:

Pioneer Hall

This past summer we traveled to WDW with friends and the woman we went with was about 6 months pregnant too. Since she was a fan of thrill rides, and since her body was used to them she was able to go on most of them. If your wife is a thrill ride person, I would check with the doctor and see if it is OK. But stay away from rides with lapbars.

FanofDinsey1981

most rides taht would say something like that are clearly posted. unfortunatly, it is most of the thrill rides. but ask the front desk or someone that works the rides in the park, they are always helpful about that kind of stuff.

rides that I know that preg. women should not go on...
splash mountain, space mountain, ToT, RnR, Star Tours, Dinosaur.

Kilimangaro safaris are ok I think, though the ride does get a bit bumpy, but she should be fine on that one.

Pioneer Hall

Here is what should be avoided most of all. Of course consult the doctor to see what they say (they have supreme rule!!)

Stay away from:
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway
Barnstormer
Big Thunder Mountain
Body Wars
Tower of Terror
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl

Some you may want to think about:

Splash Mountain-Not too bumpy and no restraints...should not be a problem.

Test Track- I think if you can ride in a car you can ride this ride. The restraint is a seatbelt and the ride has no sudden jolts or anything so it should not be a problem.

Debbie

I was 5 months pregnant when I went. My doctor said I had NO restrictions and to go on what I wanted. He has been several times himself so I knew he knew what he was talking about. The only ride that bothered me was Splash Mountain. After I got off I had to sit a while. The baby was moving and kicking and I was uncomfortable with all of the action inside of me. It was if the baby was upset. After about 20 minutes, he calmed down and I went about my business.

pixiedust1010

Yes, it's definitely up to your doctor. Disney has to post those for legal reasons but there are usually rides that are still OK for you to ride if you have a normal pregnancy. I would definitely rely only on decisions made by your dr. and your wife.

DisneyPhD

We went to WDW for four days when I was 32 weeks pregnant (for those who don't know how to count prego weeks that is the start of the 8th month, it is really 10 months in all 40 weeks.)

I am a small person and wasn't even showing that much then, we did most everything except those ones that everyone knows you shouldn't. We thought about Splash Mtn and when I looked the seats on those logs I had no interest in sitting in one for 15 min or so. The seats are low and your feet are way up high. As my hubby says you might as well put stirrups on them!!!! WDW is great and there as soooo many atractions you can enjoy. I felt strange, thinking I would be the only crazy prego women there, I saw many more and talked to them all (you can tell by the walk!)

We also did all kinds of silly things like take babys first picture with minni mouse and put on the groom and bride mickey hats and say we were on our honeymoon. Well, we thought it was funny at the time. It really was the most fun I had my whole pregnancy, I was so sick most of it.

Dwarful

yeah..ask your Dr to be sure...my ob/gyn is a huge Disney guy...he told me that me and baby were at more risk if I went early on...like first tri..instead of third tri...just drink lots of water, take breaks, and KNOW where the RESTROOMS are LOL~

Dwarful

Us too! Ours was from our first visit to WDW together as a couple...happened to be our honeymoon :) She loves everything Disney~~~

Liver Lips

My wife and I went to Disney when she was 4 months pregnant with our 2nd son. Her doctor told her to definitely skip any rides that have warnings for expecting moms on them. I think the old saying, "better safe then sorry" applies here!

Cyberacer

If you have the book the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World there's a section in there on WDW for pregnant women written by a pregnant woman. She rode Splash Mountain without a problem. I think that Test Track was okay for her too. You might want to check the book out though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom