Preferred Rooms - Value Resorts

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I wanted to request a building on my check in and noticed it didn't give me an option for building 1. Is that because those are considered preferred rooms and they cost extra? Is building 1 at every value resort considered preferred?

Schneewittchen

Yes, getting the Dalmatians building is preferred and getting into the Fantasia building actually costs extra because it is so close to the main hall and transportation.

One day I want to stay in Fantasia! One day...I can dream.
My stay in Fantasia 8 a couple of years ago was the best. Okay, no it didn't have the mops and buckets and the sorcerer's hat, but there was something magical about the pink paint with all of those tin soldiers and ballerinas.

Also, I'm going to speak evil of Dalmatians 1. My last stay at Movies was in that building. I noticed a lot of smokers along the path from Dalmatians 1 to the main Cinema Hall building. I'm not sure if that's the "Designated Smoking Area" or not. It was kinda gross to walk through that on the way to breakfast.

KBLovedDisney

My stay in Fantasia 8 a couple of years ago was the best. Okay, no it didn't have the mops and buckets and the sorcerer's hat, but there was something magical about the pink paint with all of those tin soldiers and ballerinas.

Also, I'm going to speak evil of Dalmatians 1. My last stay at Movies was in that building. I noticed a lot of smokers along the path from Dalmatians 1 to the main Cinema Hall building. I'm not sure if that's the "Designated Smoking Area" or not. It was kinda gross to walk through that on the way to breakfast.
Which side of Dalmatians did you stay? Was it "inland" where you were facing the walkway path towards the main house, or was it outwards towards the parking lots?

mf1972

2 of the best spots we had were in the fantasia section. 3rd floor corner room facing the pool. not noisy at all. the other was ground floor around the corner from the socerer’s hat. also a corner room. kind of neat walking through the big hat all the time.

ctcdisneymama

Just stayed at All Star Movies Toy Story Section. We actually got a preferred room cheaper than a standard room. It was worth it - the walk to the buses and to the food court was extremely short. Made life a lot easier.

Also, to the note of the smokers, there were a ton of smokers on our way from Toy Story to the Main Entrance. I felt the same way about walking through all that smoke on my way to the food court...

Schneewittchen

Why do you think it's worth it?
So one time, we got tired of the bus ride back to the room. We hopped off at the All Star Music stop and walked back to the Dalmatians building. We passed through the Mighty Ducks buildings on the way. It was a long walk back to our room after a long day in the parks.

Why I think it's worth it:
  1. In the morning when you're in a hurry it's quick to run back and forth from your room to the quick service restaurant. If you forget something in your room, or want to go back and brush your teeth or the kids want to take a porcelain cruise..... it saves time.
  2. At night when you're tired and maybe your feet are feeling like lead, it's a short walk back to your room from the bus stop.
  3. At night when DH wants a six pack of beer, it's a quick walk to the little shop.
  4. At night when it's chilly but the kids still want to play in the pool, it's a quick (cold and wet) walk back after the pool closes.

So basically it's a quick walk in 4 very common situations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom