Preferred Room...Sports or Music?

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
Hi, we are looking to stay at the All Stars in a preferred room this June and was hoping some of you could tell me any reasons to stay at Sports or Music over the other and why? We have a 2 year old who loves the pool too. Thanks for any input you may have!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Considering all it gets you is an upcharge to be closer to the food court / busses and main pools, I'd say no. But, if the upcharge is nominal, it may be nice to be ground floor and near the pool (I wouldn't do it due to noise at the main pool areas)...

For Sports, especially with a 2 year old who enjoys the water, you may want to actually NOT pay for a preferred rate room and rather request buildings 8 or 9, where the quieter Grand Slam pool is.

Disneys-All-Star-Sports-Resort_Full_7642.jpg

However, the Preferred Rooms will get you closer to the Kiddie Pool. But, it's not that far of a walk.

All-star-sports-surfboard-bay-and-kiddie-pool-9.JPG
\\

For Music, the pool isn't as isolated as at Sports, and is a major congregation area (it's on the way to Music Hall instead of off to the side)... Here's that pool.

piano-pool.jpg

And the kiddie pool is over by the main "Calyspo" pool, which a preferred room would get you closer to.

176-all-star-music-kiddie-pool.JPG

So, to me? No, not worth it. But, that also depends on the charge. I've paid for Preferred at Pop before, and wouldn't ever do it again. I'd rather spend my $10 - $20 per night on something else (like souvenirs!).

Have a great trip!

Dad 2 M & M

I'd stay at Music Bldgs 2, 3, or 4......from any of those buildings it is a short walk to Sports to catch the bus in the morning. When leaving the Parks, take the 1st All Star Bus that shows up....you might walk a little further if it happens to be Movies, but it's still not that far.

And, in December, the buses were going direct to each resort, not shared!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom