Preferred CBR rooms worth it?

princessmommy

Original Poster
$245 for my trip to upgrade to preferred rooms. Is it worth it?
I feel like for $245 I'm almost almost halfway to the price jump to deluxe lol.

sissa216

It really is a LARGE resort. You're never terribly far from a bus stop, but if you'd like to be near Old Port Royale (such as for dining or mug refills), then it's worth it.

It's a beautiful walk from wherever you stay- but it can be long!

TXDisney

Depends how often you'll be in your room. If your barely gonna be at your room then it's not worth the upgrade. For me I do deluxe for location not view.

princessmommy

Original Poster
It really is a LARGE resort. You're never terribly far from a bus stop, but if you'd like to be near Old Port Royale (such as for dining or mug refills), then it's worth it.

So if I'm an early morning cup of coffee from the food court everyday girl it may be worth it. Hmmmm. A good long quiet walk would be nice too... Decisions decisions.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Not sure- I was hoping y'all could help:)
Value of something is in the eye of the beholder. I may value something more than someone else and therefore its "worth" it to me. So its hard to answer the question "is it worth it" if we don't know what you value. If you value what the difference is between the two room types, then it would be "worth" it to you.

princessmommy

Original Poster
We have stayed there and LOVE it. Adore it actually. I am just trying to stay at every moderate/deluxe at least once:)

Thank you!

Tom

Beta Return
We have stayed there and LOVE it. Adore it actually. I am just trying to stay at every moderate/deluxe at least once:)

Thank you!

I can certainly appreciate that desire. We've stayed at CBR, CSR and POR. POR is my favorite Moderate, and when staying at a Moderate in the future, it will be our only option. I wouldn't stay at CBR or CSR again, unless it was free. Far too big and spread out.

princessmommy

Original Poster
I can certainly appreciate that desire. We've stayed at CBR, CSR and POR. POR is my favorite Moderate, and when staying at a Moderate in the future, it will be our only option. I wouldn't stay at CBR or CSR again, unless it was free. Far too big and spread out.

I totally understand- I stayed at CSR in November and complete agree. While it was nice, just not for me.

disneydudette

Not 'worth it'... to us of course!

CBR is big... but has a fantastic resort layout. Each village is equipped with their own bus stop and quiet pool.

Trinidad South is where the Pirate rooms are located, we stayed in them back in 2009... easily a 12-15min walk to OPR (door to door). This was 'too far' for us...

Martinique (3 buildings) and Trinidad North are considered Preferred... which leaves your Standard Options as Jamaica, Aruba, Barbados, and the remaining 3 buildings of Martinique.

We've stayed Trinidad North (Preferred,) Aruba, and Jamaica. Jamaica was by far our favorite!

It's often the first stop for pick up/drop off for bus routes (CBR alternates two entrances, starting at Jamaica or Martinique) and is a quick stroll across the bridge for OPR and the Main Pool.

Our phone request is usually 'Buildings 44 - 53, as close to Caribbean Cay as possible' with 'Jamaica' and 'Aruba' boxes checked for Online Check-In.

There's always a chance your request won't be honored... so mentally prepare yourself. CBR does have an internal bus service... and your walk 'could' be 10+ minutes to OPR and the main pool depending on your building location.

If the thought of that makes you miserable (as it does to many)... than absolutely consider Preferred. Like you though, we can't really justify the cost... and would rather pay a little more to stay at the WL or AKL.

We love CBR... and the newly renovated rooms are a great addition. We were quite disappointed with our POR stay (resort layout, pool areas, food court, and atmosphere) and have no desire to stay at POFQ until a room renovation takes place. To each their own of course!

JillC LI

Aruba and Jamaica near the foortbridge are not preferred, but are a very short walk across the foot bridge to Old Port Royale for the food court and main pool. We've stayed there twice and been very happy.

Fizban

So to offer my opinion, yes it's worth it to my family. We have (with advice of you good people) reserved a king room, with a request for lagoon view in Jamaica and Aruba for our upcoming trip. Why? Not because we are concerned about the distance to walk ( I mean cmon we are in Disney, chances are we are going to be walking long distances anyways), It's financially worth the few extra $$ for a nice view when looking out the windows or walking out in the morning to us.
Your mileage may vary.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Your first mistake is staying at CBR
Your NEXT mistake would be paying for an upgrade at CBR.

Don't do it! Book at one of the PO resorts.

That's my completely biased opinion. I'm really good at those.

sissa216

Aruba and Jamaica near the foortbridge are not preferred, but are a very short walk across the foot bridge to Old Port Royale for the food court and main pool. We've stayed there twice and been very happy.

I agree! When we stayed a few years ago, we specifically requested to be the closest non-preferred rooms to the bridge in Jamaica or Aruba.

We ended up in building 55- close to the bus- and couldn't be moved. It was a busy weekend. We were just there for a few nights before our discount kicked in for our package (it was Thanksgiving weekend)- so it wasn't a big deal to us, and I enjoyed the walk. It really is a very beautiful resort!

I do also prefer either of the Port Orleans resorts, but also have the goal of staying everywhere (Just 4 left!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom