Predictions for Late Summer Discounts?

KCheatle

Anyone have any idea about when (if) they will release discounts for summer? Assuming our cruise goes on as planned (and that's a big assumption...🙏), we are going to WDW for a few days pre-cruise in late July. Maybe I'm just antsy, but is anyone else feeling like the discounts should have been released by now?? 🤔

Weather_Lady

Anyone have any idea about when (if) they will release discounts for summer? Assuming our cruise goes on as planned (and that's a big assumption...🙏), we are going to WDW for a few days pre-cruise in late July. Maybe I'm just antsy, but is anyone else feeling like the discounts should have been released by now?? 🤔
There's already the "2 extra days on your ticket" discount for packages, which covers the summertime. Depending on where you stay, it's actually not terrible: we're saving $400 on the price of a 4-night package, compared with the price we'd otherwise have paid (for the same room, and for discount tickets on UT, if we'd purchased a la carte). Disney might offer a modest additional room discount if bookings are sluggish, but I think Captain America is right -- people are so restless from a year of social distancing and quarantines, and are feeling more emboldened by getting vaccinated, that I think travel will be absolutely booming this summer, even during what traditionally would have been slower times.

I guess my family is one example. As soon as it became clear to DH and I that we'd both be fully vaccinated before the end of the winter, and once we realized we'd banked enough points over the last year on our JetBlue Mastercard to cover roundtrip airfare for the four of us pretty much anywhere we wanted to go, we were so stir-crazy (or maybe just plain old crazy) that we booked family trips to Hersheypark in June and Universal/WDW in August (at which we will, of course, keep our wits about us and follow all masking, quarantining and testing requirements), and started pricing out fall rentals in the Adirondacks. There are plentiful discounts for most destinations due to the current slump (e.g., Universal annual passes include 3 extra months free, Hersheypark tickets were 40% off and are good for a year, cabin rentals for the summer and fall are currently being offered at up to 30% off), so now is a great time to book. As demand rises again, I imagine those discounts will evaporate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovelabs2021

We took advantage of the current room discount that ends July 10. Pre-Covid I feel like there were discounts all summer b/c we got them on previous trips, but who knows what will happen now.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom