Pre-trip PhotoPass+ converted to MyMemoryMayer???

WDWYankee15

Original Poster
I bought a pre-trip PhotoPass+ last year with knowledge that the family would be going back to Disney this year. I know have the desire to use the new MyMemoryMaker because I was told that using the old PhotoPass+ you will still need to wait in line to claim on ride photos. We wasted a lot of time last year doing that. The other benefits to PhotoPass+, a CD of all images is not a big deal (I'll download and burn my own) and image prints from select restaurants is reportedly going away in July prior to my trip (plus not eating at any of the included restaurants).

So long story short:

1. Has anyone tried to convert their pre-trip purchased PhotoPass+ to the MyMermoryMaker?

2. If so, how did you go about doing it? I have gotten 3 different answers from CM's on the phone at PhotoPass.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Memory Maker is the new name of Photo Pass+ They are phasing out PP+ and will be switching everyone to MM. I would think you could just pay the difference if there was any and switch. You do not need to wait in line to collect the pictures any longer with MM they go on to you Magic Band automatically.

WDWYankee15

Original Poster
Memory Maker is the new name of Photo Pass+ They are phasing out PP+ and will be switching everyone to MM. I would think you could just pay the difference if there was any and switch. You do not need to wait in line to collect the pictures any longer with MM they go on to you Magic Band automatically.
I have been told that you cannot just switch at the park when you get there. I know MM is the new program, but if you bought PP+ before the new program they are still honoring that one. With PP+ you have to still stay in ling at rides. This is why I want to switch to MM. The big problem I have is multiple different explainations for CM's at PhotoPass (who run MM) as to how I can convert. The latest one has said I will have to pay shipping to send back the PP+ Gallery CD and PP+ claim code (unopened, which it still is) and request a refund. After getting the refund I can order MM. There is no difference in cost. PP+ cost me $149.00 which is the same price as the pre-order MM. I don't really want to pay shipping and I don't want to send the disc and voucher back if that is really not what I am suppose to do.

It can be so frustrating, when you get multiple different answers when calling for assistance. I just want to get this done and do it right. I was hoping to find someone that has already navigated these waters and find out what they did.

asialeigh

I have been told that you cannot just switch at the park when you get there. I know MM is the new program, but if you bought PP+ before the new program they are still honoring that one. With PP+ you have to still stay in ling at rides. This is why I want to switch to MM. The big problem I have is multiple different explainations for CM's at PhotoPass (who run MM) as to how I can convert. The latest one has said I will have to pay shipping to send back the PP+ Gallery CD and PP+ claim code (unopened, which it still is) and request a refund. After getting the refund I can order MM. There is no difference in cost. PP+ cost me $149.00 which is the same price as the pre-order MM. I don't really want to pay shipping and I don't want to send the disc and voucher back if that is really not what I am suppose to do.

It can be so frustrating, when you get multiple different answers when calling for assistance. I just want to get this done and do it right. I was hoping to find someone that has already navigated these waters and find out what they did.
Have you contacted Photopass guest support? (407)560-4300
If that doesn't work contact the reservation line so they can perhaps rebook your package with memory maker and refund you for PP? 407WDISNEY.

But knowing what I know what they told you about sending it back and getting a refund is most likely the path that would need to be taken.

WDWYankee15

Original Poster
Have you contacted Photopass guest support? (407)560-4300
If that doesn't work contact the reservation line so they can perhaps rebook your package with memory maker and refund you for PP? 407WDISNEY.

But knowing what I know what they told you about sending it back and getting a refund is most likely the path that would need to be taken.
Thanks. It is the PhotoPass guest support that I have talked to on three occasions and got three different answers. Once they transferred me to Guest Services and said they could fix it through ticketing. After 30 minutes with them they transferred me back to PhotoPass, because they couldn't figure it out.

I can't believe I am the first one in 6 months or so to ask this question. They were all clueless.

asialeigh

Thanks. It is the PhotoPass guest support that I have talked to on three occasions and got three different answers. Once they transferred me to Guest Services and said they could fix it through ticketing. After 30 minutes with them they transferred me back to PhotoPass, because they couldn't figure it out.

I can't believe I am the first one in 6 months or so to ask this question. They were all clueless.
It is Photopass product but honestly they don't deal with sales so they probably don't really know. I'd call the reservation line I gave you.

They can't fix it through the ticketing system because it's not an entitlement like memory maker is. Like I said the answer you got about mailing it back and getting refund then reordering seems to be the right answer.

WDWYankee15

Original Poster
It is Photopass product but honestly they don't deal with sales so they probably don't really know. I'd call the reservation line I gave you.

They can't fix it through the ticketing system because it's not an entitlement like memory maker is. Like I said the answer you got about mailing it back and getting refund then reordering seems to be the right answer.
Thank you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom