Pre-Cruise Seattle Hotel Recommendations

Phonedave

Original Poster
For those who have done an Alaska cruise out of Seattle (or I guess any cruise out of Seattle), do you have a hotel recommendation.

Looking from something with hotel shuttles or transfers between SeaTac to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port.

Also, if you were flying in from the east coast, would you fly in the day before the cruise or 2 days before

Thanks

twall0415

We've done two cruises out of Seattle and most of the hotels no longer had a free shuttle to the cruise terminals. My parents stayed at a hotel right next to the airport with free transfers from the airport only and they had a flyer for a drive through tour of the city which was relatively cheap that picked them up from their hotel. We chose to stay downtown and took an uber to the cruise port. There are two cruise ports in Seattle, one right down town and the other slightly north of the city. From the downtown hotels, an uber is pretty affordable. Less than 30 bucks and only a 10-15 minute drive. I'd recommend flying in two days early just to have a full day to enjoy the city. We're in NC, so flying in at least a day early is a must just with the state of air travel these days. Flying in two days early lets you get to enjoy some of the city too. Most of the tourist spots are centrally located near the space needle. We've stayed at the Sound hotel and Motif hotel. Both were lovely. I'd chose the Sound since it felt a little more "Seattle".

Sorry if this wasn't exactly the response you were looking for but I hope it helps a little.

Phonedave

Original Poster
We've done two cruises out of Seattle and most of the hotels no longer had a free shuttle to the cruise terminals. My parents stayed at a hotel right next to the airport with free transfers from the airport only and they had a flyer for a drive through tour of the city which was relatively cheap that picked them up from their hotel. We chose to stay downtown and took an uber to the cruise port. There are two cruise ports in Seattle, one right down town and the other slightly north of the city. From the downtown hotels, an uber is pretty affordable. Less than 30 bucks and only a 10-15 minute drive. I'd recommend flying in two days early just to have a full day to enjoy the city. We're in NC, so flying in at least a day early is a must just with the state of air travel these days. Flying in two days early lets you get to enjoy some of the city too. Most of the tourist spots are centrally located near the space needle. We've stayed at the Sound hotel and Motif hotel. Both were lovely. I'd chose the Sound since it felt a little more "Seattle".

Sorry if this wasn't exactly the response you were looking for but I hope it helps a little.
I appreciate the advice.

I was not looking for a necessary free shuttle, but just a shuttle. We are a party of 4 adults, traveling together, with the luggage associated with an Alaska cruise. Yeah, we could do multiple ubers or try to find an uber X, but a shuttle with dedicated luggage space is just a lot easier, even if there is a charge.

We are in the northern port (not many lines use the downtown one).

TrainsOfDisney

I take the light rail from the airport to downtown and then Uber to the cruise terminal. Calling an Uber is way easier than scheduling a shuttle in my book.

If you are trying to save money there is a city bus that picks up and drops off right by the cruise terminal but you have to navigate a flight of steps with luggage. I travel with just a carry on so it’s doable for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom