PP+ and Memory Maker Group Question

Goofnut1980

Original Poster
So we plan on taking our family and friends on a trip in 2016 for a week. Does anyone have an answer on how Photopass+ and Memory Maker works for groups?

Will they let us pay a bigger fee to have multiple cards? or can we all just combine onto one account? Do you even have the option for Photopass anymore?

The Magic Bands junk things up linking to an account without the little cards like Photopass had.
Thanks all!

DisneyRoy

PhotoPass is all but gone. Memory Maker is all there is now. And it's all done with the Magic Bands. Everyone gets there own Band and all the Photo people do is scan the band now instead of scanning the card. Everyone's photos get uploaded to the account (if linked in the app). All ride photos get saved to the account. And when the trip is done, all you have to do is download the pics and print them at Walmart or your house. Much simpler and easier to track and print in my mind.

Goofnut1980

Original Poster
Thanks.. That's what happened in May when we went there... but everyone was on my account. If we have 35 people going. Everyone will be on their own account I would assume... This is gonna cost a fortune! lol

cw1982

PhotoPass is all but gone. Memory Maker is all there is now. And it's all done with the Magic Bands. Everyone gets there own Band and all the Photo people do is scan the band now instead of scanning the card. Everyone's photos get uploaded to the account (if linked in the app). All ride photos get saved to the account. And when the trip is done, all you have to do is download the pics and print them at Walmart or your house. Much simpler and easier to track and print in my mind.

Photopass does still exist just not in its original capacity. DH and I didn't buy memory maker but did have our bands scanned every time we had our picture taken during our June trip. I was able to log into the Photopass part of MDE and pay for the handful of pictures I wanted. We could have bought all of them for about twenty bucks more than memory maker. The only thing that didn't show up there was ride photos.

TheMouseFan

Thanks.. That's what happened in May when we went there... but everyone was on my account. If we have 35 people going. Everyone will be on their own account I would assume... This is gonna cost a fortune! lol
If you are all linked, then the person who purchased Memory Maker should be able to download all of the pics. Everyone can view and edit them, but the person who purchased has to be the one to download.

Goofnut1980

Original Poster
I am totally fine being the one downloading and distributing to the party. I just hope I don't have to buy 15 different PP or MM accounts. Great info from everyone!!

cw1982

I am totally fine being the one downloading and distributing to the party. I just hope I don't have to buy 15 different PP or MM accounts. Great info from everyone!!

You won't have to have 15 different accounts, but you may need to be sure that at least one person who is part of your reservation is with each group if everyone goes in different directions. Otherwise, pictures that get scanned to someone else's magic band will be visible to you as a "friend" who is linked to them, but you won't be able to download them (nor will anyone else without buying the download or having their own memory maker account). But anyone who is listed as part of your reservation can scan their band when a picture is taken and it will go to your account. You won't need 15 memory makers, but with a group of 35, you may want to consider having two or three accounts that everyone can help pay for so that the pictures that happen when everyone splits up don't get lost or become an added charge per download because no one in your room was in that part of the group.

Make sense?

TheMouseFan

You won't have to have 15 different accounts, but you may need to be sure that at least one person who is part of your reservation is with each group if everyone goes in different directions. Otherwise, pictures that get scanned to someone else's magic band will be visible to you as a "friend" who is linked to them, but you won't be able to download them (nor will anyone else without buying the download or having their own memory maker account). But anyone who is listed as part of your reservation can scan their band when a picture is taken and it will go to your account. You won't need 15 memory makers, but with a group of 35, you may want to consider having two or three accounts that everyone can help pay for so that the pictures that happen when everyone splits up don't get lost or become an added charge per download because no one in your room was in that part of the group.

Make sense?
As long as everyone is linked, you only need one Memory Maker. We had three different reservations that were all linked to my MDE in June, and I was able to download everyone's photos, even the ones I wasn't in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom