Power

jay_london

Original Poster
I beleive that WDW has its own energy plant and that Walt originally wanted it to be nuclear. Does WDW still have an energy plant? If so does it provide all its energy needs? What does the plant burn, coal,gas or oil?

jay

woofboy111

I know of one energy plant on WDW property, which is behind the MK. You could see it from the train through the trees. I'm not sure what it burns, but I bet there's probably some more too. Maybe one for each park.

Lee L

I'm pretty sure there is just one plant, with electricity, it is much cheaper to run lines than build the new plant. I was on one of the behind the scenes tours once and they said they had "a power plant" although I'm not sure if I would necessarily think that wording rules out more than one.

We were at WDW and a hurricane was approaching and all the sudden we were in Innoventions looking at all the technology demo, I think it was an AT&T area when the lights went off. We went outside and all the power was off. We were on another behind the scenes tour the next day and I asked the guide about it who said that they were testing the emergency power and someone threw the wrong switch, causing the main substation to trip. She said the power was off to the whole World for about 30 minutes. I'll bet that guy had a sick feeling. It was really wierd to walk around Epcot with no BG music though.

Disney Maniac

I'm not sure about a full power plant, but I know Disney has many substations and if I remember correctly, a few energy reserve stations around the Resort, too.

Don't the Monorail lines all have their own substations, since the lines require a certain type of current?

Also, have you ever seen the Mickey Mouse Icon power pole? It's right at one of the corners of the property, but I forget which...

Maria

I am not sure, but I think Epcot has its own plant too. It´s behind Test Track next to the cast member´s parking lot. If it is not what it is, then I don´t know!

I have seen the whole Future World without energy before WSC opens for about one hour, only once thank God.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom