Power Voltage

Natalie Simmonds

Original Poster
I'm staying at an All Stars Resort next year and wanted to find out if anyone knew what voltage the plug sockets are there? The last time I was there I had a really difficult time charging any of my devices, and ended up damaging my battery pack because I'd obviously been using the wrong power for the sockets there. I want to make sure this time that everything will be able to charge without a problem (hopefully). Thanks in advance :)

Natalie Simmonds

Original Poster
Okay so I was able to find out that the sockets are 110V, which I can get a travel adapter converter for charging cameras/phones/camcorders so that's not a problem. The only issue is that its not compatible with hair dryers or straighteners, and this just wont work with the effects that the humidity has on my hair :arghh::p Has anyone solved this before? Cant seem to find a converter for heat producing appliances :confused:

The Mom

Premium Member
Unfortunately, you may have to shop for dual voltage appliances, and then still may have to use an adapter converter. I have been traveling internationally quite a bit recently, so have let my hair grow, and either wear it down in a braid, put it up, or treat myself to a local salon. My hair is also very, very dry, so I don't wash it every day.

Would it be possible for you to arrange a trip to Wal-mart, etc and purchase new appliances there? It might be cheaper in the long run. Or check to see if the hotel has a hair dryer available, so you only have to purchase a flat iron. Or, perhaps purchase them online before you leave home, to keep with your travel stuff?

A hat is also an option. ;) Sorry I don't have any "real" solutions to your problem.

Natalie Simmonds

Original Poster
Unfortunately, you may have to shop for dual voltage appliances, and then still may have to use an adapter converter. I have been traveling internationally quite a bit recently, so have let my hair grow, and either wear it down in a braid, put it up, or treat myself to a local salon. My hair is also very, very dry, so I don't wash it every day.

Would it be possible for you to arrange a trip to Wal-mart, etc and purchase new appliances there? It might be cheaper in the long run. Or check to see if the hotel has a hair dryer available, so you only have to purchase a flat iron. Or, perhaps purchase them online before you leave home, to keep with your travel stuff?

A hat is also an option. ;) Sorry I don't have any "real" solutions to your problem.

Yeah i was thinking that it might just be cheaper to buy an appliance suitable for travelling there, a lot easier too! Thank you for your suggestions :D

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Yeah i was thinking that it might just be cheaper to buy an appliance suitable for travelling there, a lot easier too! Thank you for your suggestions :D

That's really the only way. I travel back and forth to Europe a few times a year and have a flatiron for each side of the Atlantic.

You can even get a good reasonably priced flatiron in CVS if you can't get to Wal-Mart. There's a CVS directly on the route from the airport to WDW.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Y'all keep saying Flatiron and all i can visualize is this
A37637_l.1.jpg

Weather_Lady

Most hotel rooms off-property (and all hotel rooms on-property) have hairdryers. If you don't feel like purchasing a straightener, there's always the option of braiding your hair, putting it up, or just celebrating its natural texture! YMMV, but for me, one of the joys of being on vacation is being able to relax my usual beauty routine. There's no reason to strive for perfect hair and makeup when it's not going to last for more than a few minutes once I leave the hotel room and head out into the Florida weather, for a day of running around outdoors in the heat and humidity, walking miles, and jumping in and out of pools, and on-and-off water rides. :)

Last edited:

DisAl

Check with the resort where you are staying. They probably have irons available on request if there is not one already in the room. I know many motels have them but I don't remember about the Disney resorts. To be honest we never worried that much about how we looked while on a WDW vacation. The time of the year we go the heat and humidity will straighten out any wrinkles in a few minutes anyway. :cool:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Check with the resort where you are staying. They probably have irons available on request if there is not one already in the room. I know many motels have them but I don't remember about the Disney resorts. To be honest we never worried that much about how we looked while on a WDW vacation. The time of the year we go the heat and humidity will straighten out any wrinkles in a few minutes anyway. :cool:

We're not talking about that kind of iron. :)

upload_2017-11-15_11-3-17.png

This one's for hair. In the UK, it's referred to as a hair straightener. In (at least the northeastern) US, it's a hair iron.

I've just discovered that calling this a "flatiron" must be a very local (to me) colloquialism, because @Weather_Lady and I live on opposite ends of the same state and don't call it the same thing. :)

DisAl

Sorry.... When you say flatiron in my part of the southern U.S. we think of an electric version of what Mr. Ferret 88 pictured.
What is that old saying? Something like "The United Kingdom and the United States, two countries separated by a common language." ;)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
As @Weather_Lady said, all Disney hotels have hair dryers. And most hotels now provide them. If you really can't live without a flat iron, I'd take the suggestion to visit a Wal Mart, Target or local drug store and purchase one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom