Power Outlets in the Parks

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
Since Disney is getting with the times and offering wifi, I was wondering if there is a list of known power outlets to use in the parks? MouseWaits has a decent list for Disneyland. I know my family is going to kill our phone batteries everyday.

I usually grab one on the veranda of the noodle station in MK, and just outside of the kids stor on Hollywood boulevard in HS. What are some of your power havens?

2bornot2be

I believe Wifi in the park was primarily install with the new Disney phone app in mind. I used the new iPhone app on my last trip and didn’t have to recharge.

Also the new app is great I would recommend downloading it before your next visit.

Clever Name

@Clever Name
Am I understanding this correctly, there is an outlet that can be used to charge cell phones on the motorized scooters you rent at WDW?
Mobility scooter manufacturers do not recommend that the internal batteries be used for charging cell phones or other devices. However I have seen many mobility scooter users with hookups on their private scooters that enable them to charge any device that accepts a 12 volt adapter. Some of these scooters have massive deep cycle battery packs that can power not only the scooter but other devices as well. I've seen them with iPads, laptops and cell phones wired into the charging ports.

LizC

Mobility scooter manufacturers do not recommend that the internal batteries be used for charging cell phones or other devices. However I have seen many mobility scooter users with hookups on their private scooters that enable them to charge any device that accepts a 12 volt adapter. Some of these scooters have massive deep cycle battery packs that can power not only the scooter but other devices as well. I've seen them with iPads, laptops and cell phones wired into the charging ports.
Ahh... So the ones ppl rent from WDW don't have the ability to do this, but some others do. Thanks for the info.

RonAnnArbor

That's exactly what I do -- charge overnight, and forget it for the rest of the day --- the iPhone does need an occasional hour of recharge in the mid-afternoon if it is heavily referred to during the day...but I do that in the room during my afternoon break....

Outlets, however, are available all over the parks -- most of the sitdown restaurants have pillers or wall outlets that you can use while eating lunch, etc...you will literally find them all over the place. Think like a cleaning lady: where would you plug in your vacuum cleaner if cleaning the area --- you will almost always find an outlet where you would expect them.

As to a listing of them, no, there is no current listing of them.

draybook

Well, I can say that my phone barely makes it through a full day. I don't check my phone often, mostly just to see the time and wait times. However, we are also in a park from open to close, so the battery sometimes doesn't make it. I try to remember to bring my plug and if possible charge it during lunch/dinner.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well, I can say that my phone barely makes it through a full day. I don't check my phone often, mostly just to see the time and wait times. However, we are also in a park from open to close, so the battery sometimes doesn't make it. I try to remember to bring my plug and if possible charge it during lunch/dinner.
Sounds like you may need a new battery. Perhaps your battery has developed memory effect.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
There are plenty of outlets around. You just have to spend some time looking for them. As a previous poster said, think like you are vacuuming the place. That's where you will find most of the outlets. My phone makes it most of the way through the day if I am not using too many apps or making a lot of calls to catch up with friends/family in the parks. I try to plug into a wall during a sit down lunch or dinner. Otherwise I have a MiLi mobile charger that works great. (http://www.amazon.com/MiLi-Crystal-...TF8&qid=1346026351&sr=8-4&keywords=mili+power) Got it from Sharper Image a few years ago. It can bring my phone back from the edge of death within about 2-3 hours of being plugged in and sitting in my backpack. As long as I remember to recharge the MiLi and bring it with me I am never without a functional phone in the parks.

Rage1

Also there is a backpack or 2 that I have seen in Bestbuy that has a charging station in the bag that will charge phones tablets or latops or anyhting else that you might need it to

Stupido

In the Magic Kingdom there are a couple of outlets in two of the dining rooms of Pecos Bills found by a cast member who most certainly NEVER had his phone at work..;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom