News Power Glitch at MK

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
Currently at MK and there was a power outage due to a storm. It’s a madhouse. Many attractions were down and some still are. Lines for Splash Mountain FP go across the bridge in Frontierland. Big Thunder also has a long line.
585E403F-317B-4130-B84A-E48701EC3383.jpeg

WDW Pro

Not sure what the issue is, but the "glitch" affected multiple rides at multiple parks. I'll post more if I find out what in the world could shut down Spaceship Earth and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, given that neither has any real connection.

Super odd.

Rich Brownn

Not sure what the issue is, but the "glitch" affected multiple rides at multiple parks. I'll post more if I find out what in the world could shut down Spaceship Earth and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, given that neither has any real connection.

Super odd.
Back in the ancient days (the 70s) when I worked there sometimes (read: almost daily in summer) lightning strikes would cause the power to flicker. When that happened the AAs would go literally nuts and shows would go completely out of synch. People would rush to E-Stop because the figures could literally tear themselves apart. And everyone referred to it as a "glitch". [My first experience was sitting in the break room under Flight to the Moon and the power flickered. All the girls yelled "glitch!!" and ran out]

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Super odd.

There is no connection other than the 230KV feeders supplying the 69KV lines to each park’s substation. EPCOT and MK are served directly by RCID Energy services transmission lines, DHS substation is served by both RCID with an interconnection into an alternate supply sent underground from the Osceola substation on I4 (Mickey Transmission Tower). DAK is the only park not served via underground lines, you can see the substation on Sherbetth Road and the overhead transmission lines heading towards 192.

The article said power problems were only at Epcot and MK. DHS and DAK were reported as only weather related closures.

Rich Brownn

There is no connection other than the 230KV feeders supplying the 69KV lines to each park’s substation. EPCOT and MK are served directly by RCID Energy services transmission lines, DHS substation is served by both RCID with an interconnection into an alternate supply sent underground from the Osceola substation on I4 (Mickey Transmission Tower). DAK is the only park not served via underground lines, you can see the substation on Sherbetth Road and the overhead transmission lines heading towards 192.

The article said power problems were only at Epcot and MK. DHS and DAK were reported as only weather related closures.
Looked like it hit all 4 parks on the app

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom