Potty training help in the parks.

cinderellafan6

Original Poster
I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. She has been to the parks a number of times but always wore a diaper. She has been really good with the potty training but we are goin to the parks in a month and im nervous

My question is...do you put a pull up on your toddler in the parks or just bring a lot of underwear/clothes and hope for the best?

buseegal

I would bring the pull ups but I would put underwear under, next to skin, pull up. that way if accident happens child will feel the wetness but most of times clothes will stay dry.

ninjaprincesst

I would just bring lots of underwear and changes of clothes. Pull ups seem to be the biggest setback to potty training, and by a months time from now Im pretty sure she will be pretty much potty trained since it pretty much sounds like she already is doing fantastic. I would just remember to ask her if she needs to go really often since you will be dealing with Disney world excitement.

awheartsdw

We took our daughter to Disney for the first time when she was just over 3. She was completely potty trained and had been for almost a year, but was terrified to poop on the potty because of the automatic flushing on the toilets in the parks. She was terrified of being flushed away, but only when pooping. Keep that in mind that the commodes in the parks are different than those in the hotel rooms and at home.

StarWarsGirl

We took our daughter to Disney for the first time when she was just over 3. She was completely potty trained and had been for almost a year, but was terrified to poop on the potty because of the automatic flushing on the toilets in the parks. She was terrified of being flushed away, but only when pooping. Keep that in mind that the commodes in the parks are different than those in the hotel rooms and at home.
That was me for a long time as well. Younger brother was the same way. Know what worked? Stickers on the sensor. We'd keep a supply of stickers and use one until it had no adhesive left, then move onto another. The Mickey stickers CMs give out work really well.

awheartsdw

The stickers sounds like a great idea. Wish I had known that then! I won't be having any more children in the future to remember that tip, but I'll hang onto it for MANY years for when I have Disney-loving grandchildren!

Tinkerbell397

And be sure to bring disposable seat covers and wipes. As you know, little ones always touch the seat and whatever else they can reach in bathrooms. Be sure to get the ones that cover the seat completely....sides and front. Once done, they can be thrown away. You can find many choices on Amazon....:cat:

buseegal

yes the stickers or post it notes work on the stall you are in but noise from other stalls is loud and may upset your child. had one grandson who hated the hand blower driers, if one came on while he was in stall he would freak and refuse to try. took a lot of work to get him to use while others were in bathroom

Weather_Lady

When I brought my newly-potty-trained daughter, we left her in undies and I kept a Baggie in my purse with a spare pair of underwear and shorts in case it was needed. She did really well, however. What helped us was insisting that everybody in the family visit the restroom frequently -- whether they thought they needed to go or not -- so that she never had to contend with a full bladder!

YoJDew

I know it's another thing to carry, but a portable fold-up potty like this one is super-lightweight and can be used literally ANYWHERE. Ours was a lifesaver in the early days of potty training. You can even stick old diapers underneath it (folded open) to catch whatever comes out, so that even if there's no potty around (hiking, beach, etc.), you've got your potty right there.

stephbreynolds

I was potty training both of my kids the last time we went to Disneyland. We mapped out every family bathroom and they did great. My son was scared of the automatic flushing toliets. He felt safer if both mom and dad were there.

notslim99

How did y'all handle the little one using the big potties in the parks? Our daughter will be almost 3 and potty trained when we go in November 2015, but we're afraid she'll be too little to use the big ones in the parks.

stevehousse

I always just help them balance on the toilet so they don't fall in! LOL your kid will b fine! Although idk how sanitary it would be but I believe there is a child's travel potty seat that folds all small and wil fit in a purse...

HollyAD

Don't go for pull ups in the parks. I agree with just a change of clothes in your bag. I was potty training over a vacation and pull ups set us back with the process. However, I did put a swim diaper on my son for the pool. I did not want a pool accident!

Hawkeyegirl

My daughter was potty trained, but still had accidents and I was thinking with all the excitement she wouldn't want to go potty. But every bathroom we came to I made her at least try and before any ride with a line we made a point to stop at the bathroom first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom