Potential Video of Ariel's Undersea Adventure

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
NEVERMIND....FALSE ALARM!!!!

So, it's been a while since I've been here, but I came across this video today and thought it was quite interesting. It's clearly a mock up of what they may be thinking with the new attraction, but as far as I know, it matches up pretty well with what I'd heard was rumored the scenes would end up being. It looks really spectacular, that's for sure.

The only thing that really makes me question it (besides the fact that things like this are always to be taken with a grain of salt) is the fact that Ursula seems to die before the Kiss the Girl scene, which of course, doesn't happen in the movie that way.

So, could this be a legit depiction? Or is it someone's "idea" of what the attraction is supposed to look like?

(PS...sorry if for some reason this has been posted before...I really haven't been around here for a while because life has gotten in the way, but this peaked my interest too much to stay away.)

Click here for the video

Edit: So after looking at the video again, I'm thinking it has to either be someone's own version of it...there is just too much to make me question it.

OR!! I'd forgotten that there was a Little mermaid attraction "video" on the Little Mermaid DVD...which I don't own...so this could very well be that video too.

I really don't think it's for the real attraction.

Steve, you can take this down now, if I'm totally bonkers. :)

DisneyparkFreak

knowing disney and TDO I would highly doubt that the ride will be that immersive. The ride is an omnimover, I dont think that it is a hanging ride system like what is found in peter pan. It will be interesting to see how much is shaved off, but something tells me that if you want it to be like the video you will be disapointed. the ride will be a "D-Ticket". But probably the best D-Ticket they have... IMO

WDWFREAK53

knowing disney and TDO I would highly doubt that the ride will be that immersive. The ride is an omnimover, I dont think that it is a hanging ride system like what is found in peter pan. It will be interesting to see how much is shaved off, but something tells me that if you want it to be like the video you will be disapointed. the ride will be a "D-Ticket". But probably the best D-Ticket they have... IMO

It doesn't necessarily need to be hanging but the ride could be the same. To be honest, I think having a rail above you would detract from it in some scenes.

sponono88

That video was included in The Little Mermaid DVD as a bonus feature of the "ride that never happened" (before they officially announced the new ride.) That isn't the same version that is being built right now.

To learn more about the ride they are building at DCA and the MK, click here to see this update with high-res pictures of the attraction model, concept art, and behind-the-scenes video. Scroll down to see the info on Little Mermaid:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/06/blue-sky-cellar-update-little-mermais.html

littlemermaidlayout.jpg

lazyboy97o

This is the attraction that was originally planned for Disneyland Paris and is from the DVD release. It is not what is being built.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
That video was included in The Little Mermaid DVD as a bonus feature of the "ride that never happened" (before they officially announced the new ride.) That isn't the same version that is being built right now.

To learn more about the ride they are building at DCA and the MK, click here to see this update with high-res pictures of the attraction model, concept art, and behind-the-scenes video. Scroll down to see the info on Little Mermaid:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/06/blue-sky-cellar-update-little-mermais.html
That's what I was thinking...after I posted, I'd remembered that that had been included in the DVD, which like I said, I don't own. :)

Pay no attention to the crazy lady who hasn't been able to post for a few months. :ROFLOL:

_Scar

Sponono88 is correct. I think this was a version meant for Disneyland Paris and has been around for a while now.

Probably the biggest difference will be the clamshell omnimovers (like Nemo at Epcot).

nibblesandbits

Original Poster

littlemermaidlayout.jpg
And what's sad is I'd seen that layout thing posted before....I knew it before I posted.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time. :wave:

sponono88

That's ok, it's an easy mistake that most people make :) they certainly look similar but there will be many differences, like the ride vehicles for example.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ironically, had this been built in DLP, the MK would have gotten a clone. Almost exactly where the current version is being built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom