News Potential Tropical Cyclone Nine to possibly impact the theme parks this weekend

fngoofy

Advertisement
This is horse feathers. The storm currently has 30 mph winds, projected to reach 45 mph before hooking out to sea again.

radiohead8989

I arrive at MCO at 11:41 AM on Sunday. It seems like I'm always worried about my flights. There's either a storm in Chicago, or a problem at the destination. I've been lucky many times. There have been times when O'hare shutdown, right after my flight took off. I hope my luck holds up again.

fngoofy

Sustained winds of 45 mph for a few hours aren't a joke, that can cause issues. But it is looking like this will mostly be a rain event, if that.
I agree, I would not want to weather sustained 45mph winds either.
But those speeds, for a system that will be 50mi off the shore, and 90mi+ from WDW spells 0 impact on the parks.

/slightly concerned for Vero Beach Resort, but only slightly.

ChanceH

We land at a MCO Sunday at 11:30. Hope the flight doesn’t get delayed. The parks I’m not worried about.

Lensman

Premium Member
Oh my. 40% probability of tropical storm force winds over Great Abaco Island in the Northern Bahamas, and parts of Grand Bahama Island as well. :( (the same islands hit by the worst of Hurricane Dorian)

IanDLBZF

Latest NHC Advisory has this storm off the coast.

wendysue

Sustained winds of 45 mph for a few hours aren't a joke, that can cause issues. But it is looking like this will mostly be a rain event, if that.

Glad I won't be there this week. It would be just like home. We have gotten 7 inches this week and 7 the week before. :grumpy:

ChanceH

Well the storm didn’t hit Orlando but we got stuck in Florida a couple extra days due to the TS flooding in Houston. Couldn’t fly home when airport is under water. Dodge one storm get involved in another sorta.

Top Bottom