POTC Waterfall question

scottnj1966

Only Blackbeard here at WDW and as everyone says it is very blurry and the waterfall effect itself is in terrible shape.

WDW has some major issues with maintenance the last few years. They are working hard getting everything back up to being pristine but I think they are overlooking alot once again.

allgar

Clear, as in the opposite of the POTC waterfall projection, which is blurry, right?

:wave:

Now that's funny right there! Thanks for the chuckle...

P.S. I hear it has something to do with a broken polyharmonic matrix field which prevents a clear iso-static focal refractor :rolleyes: Star Trek babble is there nothing you can't explain?

devoy1701

Now that's funny right there! Thanks for the chuckle...

P.S. I hear it has something to do with a broken polyharmonic matrix field which prevents a clear iso-static focal refractor :rolleyes: Star Trek babble is there nothing you can't explain?

I'm sure it's nothing that some Tetryon Particles can't fix. They always seemed to be Star Trek's version of Duck Tape. :dazzle:

HMF

Original Poster
Only Blackbeard here at WDW and as everyone says it is very blurry and the waterfall effect itself is in terrible shape.

WDW has some major issues with maintenance the last few years. They are working hard getting everything back up to being pristine but I think they are overlooking alot once again.

Not with this management team.

YunaB17

WDW has Blackbeard, and only Blackbeard.

The projection isn't "blurry"....ITS BROKEN....and it has been for several months.

We have several other threads on this....

Then why when I was there in August did I see Davy Jones one day and Blackbeard the next? Did they change it back to just Blackbeard? I was starting to wonder if I imagined it but other members of my family saw Davy Jones too and I have pictures and videos of him from my last trip. So what's going on?

HMF

Original Poster
Then why when I was there in August did I see Davy Jones one day and Blackbeard the next? Did they change it back to just Blackbeard? I was starting to wonder if I imagined it but other members of my family saw Davy Jones too and I have pictures and videos of him from my last trip. So what's going on?

With TDO running the place nothing is consistent.

AEfx

I had wondered if they would start alternating when it was announced they were changing it. Only makes sense.

puntagordabob

I'm here with a friend of mine who visited WDW last weekend. She says she rode the POTC 3 times and it was Blackbeard every time. AND she says the image was very very blurry - not nearly as clear as was Davy Jones'.

As of yesterday we saw only Blackbeard....

Also in agreement that the projection is horrible quality.

disnyfan89

I rode POtC several times yesterday and it quite obvious some work is being done on the effect. The cave work behind the fog curtain has been removed leaving a large gap where you can see all the mechanical componets.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I rode POtC several times yesterday and it quite obvious some work is being done on the effect. The cave work behind the fog curtain has been removed leaving a large gap where you can see all the mechanical componets.

Please tell me you took some pictures of that.

Wannabe Walt

The projection is just Blackbeard and the final exit ramp is just Blackbeard, no alternating anywhere. The projection is absolutely terrible right now... but there is quite a bit wrong at PoTC these days. Instead of fixing the problems they have though, they got a brand new goat. Take a look to the right of the auctioneer by the redhead. Brand new billy goat standing on the column. Why a new goat instead of fixing all the problems? No clue.

HMF

Original Poster
The projection is just Blackbeard and the final exit ramp is just Blackbeard, no alternating anywhere. The projection is absolutely terrible right now... but there is quite a bit wrong at PoTC these days. Instead of fixing the problems they have though, they got a brand new goat. Take a look to the right of the auctioneer by the redhead. Brand new billy goat standing on the column. Why a new goat instead of fixing all the problems? No clue.

POTC is probably suffering more problems than any other attraction in the Magic Kingdom. Broken effects, outdated technology and of course the nonsensical "Where is Captain Jack Sparrow" subplot. Disneyland just needs to get rid of the Jack subplot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom