POTC queue music

Bairstow

I can't be the only that remembers when you could hear pirates whispering about an attack on the fort in the queue. It was light whispers and metal clinging and banging.
I don't remember hearing pirates whispering but I do remember hearing an audio clip of the soldiers of the Spanish garrison yelling about the impending attack, ("Invaders!") and blowing a bugle.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I always wondered, who decides this kind of thing? Who is like “ya know? We really need new music here!” And how do some places go through multiple loops and then others have had no change at all since being built (looking at you Canada pavilion)?
Maybe Hans and Klaus have had a falling out with Disney...?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I noticed after the audio refurb a few years back. You can now hear the pirates in the cave looking for treasure. It is in the queue that goes up and over the boats. As you come back down and before you get on the boat, there is a cave where it plays intermittently. Also during that refurb is when you could once again hear the pirates in the jail scene on the right side clearly and fully.
Indeed. The speakers should be on the right hand side after you’ve crossed the bridge.

_caleb

Does anyone know how Disney handles the audio setup with things like this? Obviously the audio is localized (certain speakers playing certain tracks), but would things like the whispering voices be separate tracks, or part of the other background audio to keep everything timed correctly?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does anyone know how Disney handles the audio setup with things like this? Obviously the audio is localized (certain speakers playing certain tracks), but would things like the whispering voices be separate tracks, or part of the other background audio to keep everything timed correctly?
It would vary greatly depending on attraction, location in attraction, show stipulation, age, refurb rules...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The creepiest thing about this ride, on the inside, is when cast members are having to power it up and close it down at the end of the day when everything is off... There's a creepy "yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me" humming man that is played over the entire building every 15-ish seconds... It always threw me off.

91JLovesDisney

The creepiest thing about this ride, on the inside, is when cast members are having to power it up and close it down at the end of the day when everything is off... There's a creepy "yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me" humming man that is played over the entire building every 15-ish seconds... It always threw me off.
How strange - what’s with that?

N2dru

I always loved the sound of a pirate digging/shoveling sand in a "cave" near the end of the queue. :)
Me too. And seeing the ship off in the distance is cool. Though its often overlooked especically if you board from the opposite side. Our fill-in for the Blue Bayou. But when you think about the entire queue/facade is a replacement for the Blue Bayou.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom