POTC - Live Actors

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
This was news to me, as I have never seen it before - there were live actors in the lineup for PoTC. They was a Jack Sparrow in the big room where the standby and fastpass lines merged. He would pop in to the openings and scare guests and then interact with them.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This was news to me, as I have never seen it before - there were live actors in the lineup for PoTC. They were was a Jack Sparrow in the big room where the standby and fastpass lines merged. He would pop in to the openings and scare guests and then interact with them.

They did this during the Halloween party. There were live actors in both the queue and the ride itself. It was a pretty cool addition.

yensidtlaw1969

This was news to me, as I have never seen it before - there were live actors in the lineup for PoTC. They was a Jack Sparrow in the big room where the standby and fastpass lines merged. He would pop in to the openings and scare guests and then interact with them.
Did you see this in the park Today? That WOULD be very unusual - Disney has started doing this for some special occasions - namely the Not So Scary Halloween Parties - but not during regular park operating hours.

Minnie Mum

They've done it before. I remember seeing Jack popping in and out of the queue areas, but it was quite a while ago- not long after they put his animatronic in the ride.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
This was something they started for the MNSSHP.
I guess they do it at random now but with the party there were CM's throughout the queue and some in the ride and it was a whole storyline about finding a wanted person.
I bet this is just Jack in the queue and nothing more.

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
Wow, still pretty weird - was it just Jack Sparrow? I recall seeing him wander through the queue back in the day on the way to his Pirate Tutorial show, but never just hanging out in the queue for an indeterminate period of time.

We only saw Jack. We were in the fastpass line and didn’t get a chance to see much or if there were others in the line. He definitely was there for a quite some time though and not in transit somewhere else.

mm52200

This has happened for awhile. Jack Sparrow who does meet and greets outside the attraction will usually have a set scheduled to roam around the queue or outside the attraction.
There still are special moments like this throughout they just don’t always get mentioned or spread to the masses by the bloggers.

macefamily

We've only experienced the live actors during Halloween. About five years ago, there was a guy who played Jack Sparrow that was a dead ringer for Johnny Depp. I had to look real close to confirm, and I still wasn't 100% certain. My daughter was in the college program at Disney at the time and she said that the guy was eventually fired because he was playing the part outside of working at Disney.

JoeCamel

We've only experienced the live actors during Halloween. About five years ago, there was a guy who played Jack Sparrow that was a dead ringer for Johnny Depp. I had to look real close to confirm, and I still wasn't 100% certain. My daughter was in the college program at Disney at the time and she said that the guy was eventually fired because he was playing the part outside of working at Disney.
Yes, he was very good. You could tell when it was him in the Pirate Tutorial. Very convincing not just in looks but movements and voice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom