POTC II Ship

duckburg85

looks fake, but just could be a bad photograph. Prob Davy Jones's ship or just some really cool looking boat that looks like it belongs in the movie?

Rosso11

Yup thats Davy Jones' ship. There's rumors that its going to be parket at Disney's island after filming is completed.

ive actually been on the ship that they used in the filiming of the movies. and that ship is not it. i was on a cruise in the sourthern caribbean and it was on the island of st.lucia. the guys that crew the ship were extras in the movie. they said that they rent the boats for a month or so and do all the boat sceens etc.

yensidtlaw1969

Though I have not seen what the real ship will look like, if it were up to me (and the masts on the pictured ship were a little taller) I probably wouldn't allow any other ship to be Davy Jones' ship. That is too friggin' awesome!!!

CTXRover

Having followed the making of the new movie from time to time over at www.keeptothecode.com, I can say with 100% certainty that it IS a picture of the Flying Dutchmen, the ship captained by Davy Jones in the upcoming POTC movie.

CTXRover

iheartshoes said:
ive actually been on the ship that they used in the filiming of the movies. and that ship is not it. i was on a cruise in the sourthern caribbean and it was on the island of st.lucia. the guys that crew the ship were extras in the movie. they said that they rent the boats for a month or so and do all the boat sceens etc.

I was actually on that ship too while on the 10 day holiday Disney cruise two years ago. They really give you a really fun Pirate ship experience. Anyway, the ship on St. Lucia was used in the first movie, however it was primarily a ship for several background shots. It is not one of the main ships from the first POTC movie. The crew said that you can see the ship in a few scenes in the background, particularly the one scene where Jack Sparrow is being introduced to his new crew on the dock at Tortuga.

JimboJones123

iheartshoes said:

in a movie about MORE pirates, i bet that there was more than one ship!

lilnps

Disney was said to have been building a POTC ship out by an island for entertainment for their cruise line. The ship would stop at this location and allow guest to board for a few pic and stuff..SO this could be what they are working on

bonofuzz

If you compare the picture of the ship from the surfer site to the concept art picture by Disney, they are clearly one in the same.
Specifically, look at the mouth-like front of the ship.
flyingdutchman.jpg

Pirates_of_the_Grand_Bahamas.jpg

JimboJones123

lilnps said:
Disney was said to have been building a POTC ship out by an island for entertainment for their cruise line. The ship would stop at this location and allow guest to board for a few pic and stuff..SO this could be what they are working on

awesome pic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom