Postponing wedding in June -

PBJelly

Original Poster
I'm actually stoked that we pushed our June wedding - as it won't be as hot, and more importantly I'm hoping it will give time for Orlando to bounce back.

One of our biggest reasons was the concerns expressed by the larger group of at risk folks who we want to keep safe. Luckily our great vendors are able to accommodate, with us keeping the same pay schedule.

I did hear back from one of the bridesmaids that unfortunately their military tickets expire Dec. 18th, and the our wedding is the 20th. So she's working to see if any exceptions can be made. However Disney time at Christmas? Sounds like a good time to me.

belledream

A Disney wedding with a touch of Disney Christmas sounds absolutely wonderful to me!

I know a few people who had to postpone weddings til next year, or with no concrete date, but you have something that's not too far off from your original plans, and it could be fun to plan with those different thematic touches in mind. I hope everything works out nicely for you and your guests.

Best wishes to you! :)

PBJelly

Original Poster
Thank you!

We have thought about if it was open and reasonable safe by mid June, to fly down to Disney world and having a simple ceremony on the boardwalk, so we could have our anniversary on the original date as that was the date of our first date (did I say date enough lol).

We will see how it turns out, but I'm looking forward to December the most.

NeedMoreMickey

I hope everything works out for your December wedding, Disney is a little extra magical during the holidays. My niece's Memorial Day weekend wedding is rescheduled for Labor Day weekend but fingers are still crossed. So far Disney won't let more than 50 people in the wedding chapel or the reception at the same time. She is thinking about outside options, maybe the beach at Beach Club.

PBJelly

Original Poster
I just saw another couple have to delay until next year after they were told the restrictions in Aug would be facemasks, no buffets, social distancing etc.

I'm thrilled with the steps Disney is taking, but my fiance is already telling me no go if we have to wear masks. So we will see what happens. I'm like, if this is all we have to worry about...I think we are so fortunate.

Mickey Pride

I am so glad this is working out for you. I was engaged during the holidays at WDW this past holiday season at WDW and I can tell you that was the most magical moment in my life and something I will never forget in my life. I hope I can also do what you are do and me and my future wife can marry and honeymoon at WDW. Good Luck in planning the remaining things and have a wonderful wedding.

PBJelly

Original Poster
So we are thinking of postponing once more. However the Waldorf is wanting the contract paid in full this time if we postpone. ugh. After seeing the Swan and Dolphin laying off 1100+ people, I'm hesitant to want to pay such a large bit of the contract off to postpone.

PBJelly

Original Poster
It was amazing. The Waldorf Astoria is an amazing property - and I highly recommend it. The included massage, and cabana after the wedding was just what the doctor ordered. I tell you...

Food was awesome, and all the guests still talk about it a month later. Still waiting on pictures

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom