Post your old classic WDW keepsakes/souvenirs

prattler

My parents got these for my sister and me. Now my children drink from them when they visit their grandparents.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210914-150303.png
    Screenshot_20210914-150303.png
    869.1 KB · Views: 56

Figments Friend

Great thread idea.

I have a ton of vintage early WDW items, and at some point I will try to snap some photos.

Have some 1970s peices such as a early poseable Minnie doll ( made to look like her walkaround form ) and a funky Mickey 'head bobber' figure.
Loads of early 1980s items...original early Figment peices, early Epcot stuff, plus WDW merch and paper goods.
It's kind of nuts the crazy things I held on to over the years.

Probably the craziest -
1979 paper luggage tag used by Eastern Airlines promoting WDW ( at the time they were the 'Official Airline of WDW' )
1985 paper cup and napkin from Eastern Airlines promoting EPCOT Center ( cool graphics ).

-

yankspy

Great thread idea.

I have a ton of vintage early WDW items, and at some point I will try to snap some photos.

Have some 1970s peices such as a early poseable Minnie doll ( made to look like her walkaround form ) and a funky Mickey 'head bobber' figure.
Loads of early 1980s items...original early Figment peices, early Epcot stuff, plus WDW merch and paper goods.
It's kind of nuts the crazy things I held on to over the years.

Probably the craziest -
1979 paper luggage tag used by Eastern Airlines promoting WDW ( at the time they were the 'Official Airline of WDW' )
1985 paper cup and napkin from Eastern Airlines promoting EPCOT Center ( cool graphics ).

-
We had the Eastern Airlines poster with Mickey in the middle of it but no one knows what happened to it. I miss flying Eastern to Orlando.

Chicken Guy

View attachment 587139View attachment 587140View attachment 587141
Have a a lot more but this is the most interesting. Lots of stuff from the 1976 Bicentennial, old Epcot logo puzzles, Disney dollars, even something from the Ford pavilion at the 64 worlds fair. My favorite is the leaf from the tree of life.
Ah, the coveted Disney Dollar. Nothing compares to spending five minutes convincing your cashier that what you’re handing them is, in fact, legal tender.

Djsfantasi

I want to know what happened to my stuffed figment. I had one of the larger ones... maybe like 16-18"? I did find a small vinyl one.

I also had this book set and certificate for an educational course/tour. This one I have a hard time remembering, but the book and workbook are pretty elaborate!

View attachment 586683

The keys to the kingdom tour I did on a later tour (I remember being excited to be old enough to go on the tour solo) had a great book as well, but I think that one was damaged in a flood and thrown out :/

The one that kills me is I had a fold up map in the style demarke listed above that I loved and I know I kept immaculate on my shelf. But it wasn't in the pile of stuff my parents dropped off years ago that I can find :(
My large stuffed Figment that I bought on my first visit to Epcot and a large stuffed Mickey were thrown out without my knowledge. By my soon-to-be ex-wife while packing up the house during our divorce. The Mickie was a gift to me from her mother.

I still have a large (larger than a silver dollar) 25th Anniversary coin.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Here are a few photos of some vintage WDW items i currently have on display in my home for the 50th.

WDW vintage merch.jpg

My first lunchbox, bought for my first day of school back in the early 1970s.
Golden Ears from 2005, in honor of Disneyland's 50th but branded for WDW ( 'Happiest Celebration on Earth' promotion )
Pair of small ceramic mice, bought at Disney-MGM Studios in the early 2000s

WDW vintage merch 4.jpg

1970s WDW Mickey' bobblehead' figure.
Something i found years ago...loved the 'off model' look of it.
Made from a laminated paper machae' material.
Vintage at it's most random best !

WDW vintage merch 2.jpg

Vintage WDW Ears, my own bought as a teenager in1985.
the fabric sticker patch a little 'wrinkly' after 30 or so years.
Pay no mind to that 2005 Cast Member nametag shown.....

WDW vintage merch 3.jpg

Vintage 1970s Minnie Mouse poseable vinyl doll.
Designed to look like how the walk around version of the character appeared in the early 1970s.

WDW vintage merch 6.jpg

1970s Porcelain coffee mug, made in Japan.
I have gotten this out recently to use in the morning...seemed fitting.

Last item for now....

WDW vintage merch 5.jpg

One of a few Eastern Airlines gems i have held onto through the years.
This being one of the two vintage luggage tags i saved from my first visit back in late 1979 / early 1980.
Love that classic logo!

I will share more goodies at a later time.

-

Figments Friend

We had the Eastern Airlines poster with Mickey in the middle of it but no one knows what happened to it. I miss flying Eastern to Orlando.

Here are two gems related to Eastern Airlines.
Love this style of 'vintage' artwork for the original 'Vacation Kingdom of The World' ...!

Early 1970s promotional poster -

WDW 50th - 1979 Eastern Airlines promo poster.jpg

1979/1980 Promotional artwork -
Dig that giant jet in the background....!

WDW- Eastern Airlines promotional art.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom