Premium Member
Page24.jpg

Page25.jpg

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Page26.jpg

Page27.jpg

Nice character interaction story goes with this page: We had to leave the park right after our lunch at Alfredo's to head for the airport (I drain every possible moment out of a WDW vacation). Mom's favorite character is Snow White, so I made sure that we entered WS at Mexico so we could stop at her M&G at Germany on the way to lunch, without mentioning it to Mom. We got there just at the end of a M&G, and while SW finished up with the family in front of us, who was supposed to be the last before her break, I took a chance and asked the character handler if SW could pause for just a quick photo with Mom, explaining that we were almost late for our lunch ressie, then we'd have to head to the airport, favorite character, 70th bday, yada, yada. The handler looked very sympathetic but said, no, she was overdue to get inside (it was very hot that day). I said no problem, I would come back after we had our lunch. So we headed for Italy. Next thing, a very sweet voice could be heard next to my mom, saying "I hear it's your birthday, and I'd like to wish you happy birthday". She even spent an extra minute chatting with my mom and wishing her well. I was really touched, and thanked her very much; obviously, the handler had told her about the situation, and she decided to take the time. You can see how excited my mom is by the way she is gripping Dopey's hand in the photo.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Page30.jpg

Stupidly, I attached the photo to this piece of marbled cardstock (the ONLY piece of it that I had) before realizing that I'd rather not handwrite the journaling for this page, so I took a chance, set margins very carefully, and just missed, I guess due to a slip when the paper was feeding. It could have been worse, I guess. At least the words are legible on the actual page.

eagles

that is just awesome! love the whole thing and wow, what memories for the both of you.

what size book did you use? 8x8?

so you printed all your journaling? if not, your penmenship is fantastic!:sohappy:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
what a wonderful gift for your mom, I'm sure she treasures it. You did a great job.

Thanks so much! She babysits for two little girls, and they also love to look at her "Disney book" over and over again.

I love each and every page! I really enjoyed the storybook style you used...it made me feel as if I was there with you guys.

I'm so glad! It works best when devoting a single book to a single trip, and somehow having a "plot" to follow helps me plan out pages. If we don't preserve the memories by scrapping, we'll eventually lose them, right?

that is just awesome! love the whole thing and wow, what memories for the both of you.

what size book did you use? 8x8?

so you printed all your journaling? if not, your penmenship is fantastic!:sohappy:

About half and half computer-printed and handwritten journaling. When Catholic school nuns knock penmanship into you, it sticks!!

Yes, that's an 8x8 book: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat2607&PRODID=prd23695
There's also a princess version, and a mickey one. I love them because they come with a matching storage/presentation box, and the 8x8 format gets scrapped quickly. They often put these on sale at joann.com, I've never paid full price for one, or you could search Sandylion 8x8 Disney

A lot of the papers and embellishments were from this set: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat2607&PRODID=prd31203

HollyBelle

OMG! I've been away from this forum far too long. Great stuff, everyone.

Siobhan, I absolutely love the storybook style of your pages (I'll forgive the Tinkerbell book :ROFLOL:). And I really like how you and your mom did so many meet and greets. The Snow White story is a treasure.

KnK

Thanks to all my new digital scrapbooking friends. I've figured out how to save the pages to post. Jenn thanks thanks thanks.

picture.php

KnK

Oh, Kris, that turned out so cute! I love it! The story is great too! You're never too old for your first character! :sohappy:

Don't know who that 43 year old is in the picture, it was more like a 5 year old!

I agree, totally adorable!:)

Thanks. My husband took a whole series of them. He was so shocked that I wanted to have my picture taken with a character.

I've decided this year we'll be doing more of it. I was surprised how exited it made me.

KnK

Marie!! I love her... and even more so I love your reaction to meeting her. Fabulous first page, if I do say so myself!

Thanks for the kind words. My husband did a page as well, only took him half the time it took me and he did so much more than me. As soon as it's done I'll post it.

mouselvrmom

I got an email for a free 8x8 shutterfly book. That size is pretty useless to me with all the pictures that I take, but Louella talked me into putting together a quick character book of our faves from this trip.

So I got the first page done. Hopefully I can get the other 19 done before the 1st.

pirategoofycopy.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom