Possible new WDW plans...

Maerj

Original Poster
Just took an interesting survey about WDW. I copied some info that might be new:

Walt Disney World now lets kids 5 years old and under visit all four theme parks, stay in a Disney Resort, and dine in Disney restaurants for free in January, February, May, and September.

It's better together at Walt Disney World. Now you can share the magic with everyone you love with "The more the merrier" program. The more people you bring along, the more you
save. You save on theme park tickets starting with parties of 5 or more, and save even more with 10 or more people.

Now Walt Disney World guests visiting with a child age 5 or under can choose one complimentary special item:

Play Dates (character dining), Play it Again (front of line access), Play for
Keeps (photo downloads), or Play it By Ear (Customized Mickey Ears).

The "Disney Junior" package offers you a small taste of Walt Disney World just the right size for preschoolers, for 2 adults and one child, and includes a Disney Resort hotel
room for 3 nights, theme park tickets for 2 days, and a quick-service dining plan.

Walt Disney World offers a half-day ticket to theme parks for families traveling with kids 5 years old and under.

Walt Disney World offers a by-the-hour theme park ticket that gives young families flexibility to come and go and only pay for the amount of time they spend in the park.

Walt Disney World offers a 2-day ticket with a complimentary stroller to the Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Walt Disney World offers "I'm 3" and "I'm 4" packages that include resort hotel, theme park
tickets, and special activities designed just for your children's ages, such as
"unbirthday" moments celebrating their age without it having to be their
birthday, and exclusive character experiences.

A new Disney Vacation Savings plan lets you save now so you can visit Walt Disney World sooner and have your trip paid for in advance.

Animaniac93-98

I don't see Disney dropping potential park ticket sales for 3, 4 and 5 year old guests (especially when so many of them come in). Paris often have kids under 7 free stuff, but I don't know about WDW doing it.

The package deals make more sense, as do the by-the-hour ticket. Lots of interesting strategies for families with little kids.

Of course, it's awful news for us who think they're too many little brats to begin with. :p

Goofyernmost

What about promotions for people with children older than five or no children at all? Are we not wanted?
Well, it's hard to justify the entrance fee for a 3 year old when they can only take advantage of such a small portion of the parks, they don't eat much yet have ridiculously high meal costs. It makes sense actually. Maybe not free but certainly a lot cheaper then what they charge now.

olinecoach61

Very interesting info, thanks for sharing. There seems to be some good ideas in there. The pay according to how long your in the park is an interesting concept.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Well, it's hard to justify the entrance fee for a 3 year old when they can only take advantage of such a small portion of the parks, they don't eat much yet have ridiculously high meal costs. It makes sense actually. Maybe not free but certainly a lot cheaper then what they charge now.

Yes. They used to have much cheaper kids prices and even a junior price for roughly 11-15 year olds. I think they borderline gouge us with the prices they charge for kids anymore.

Goofyernmost

Yes. They used to have much cheaper kids prices and even a junior price for roughly 11-15 year olds. I think they borderline gouge us with the prices they charge for kids anymore.
Price list from 1983.... Try not to break into fits of crying when you look at these prices. Remember that at the time all that was there were MK and EPCOT Ctr.

img004.jpg

The "Prices subject to change" line sure did prove to be more than true.

Virtual Toad

Wait, now they want young kids to go to the parks? Didn't they just raise FL resident AP prices so that kids' passes were the same price as adults?!

Wow, that's pretty pathetic when they're asking folks with preschoolers why they haven't been in awhile. With all the over-toonification of the parks lately I thought they were squarely going after that demographic. Yet they're obviously concerned.

Our family falls roughly into that demo-- we have two young kids including a preschooler-- and I can sum up part of their concern in two words:

Lego. Land. At least here in central FL we know a LOT of young families headed that way on a regular basis. Busch Gardens and Sea World also come up often.

Yet only a handful of all the young families we know in our area have visited WDW recently and few if any we know are planning a visit there any time soon. As far as we can see in Central FL, there's VERY little interest in WDW among this demo right now. And that wasn't always the case.

Interesting survey indeed.

Genie of the Lamp

At least they're trying to make an attempt to offer discounted prices here considering it is something the majority of Execs go against. If I were a local had taken this and were asked about the reasons I had not been to WDW lately, I would of said "UNI/IOA with @BryceM. Plain and simple as that."

Goofyernmost

Price list from 1983.... Try not to break into fits of crying when you look at these prices. Remember that at the time all that was there were MK and EPCOT Ctr.

img004.jpg

The "Prices subject to change" line sure did prove to be more than true.
On our first trip my wife and I couldn't believe that it was going to cost us $126.00 for a 3 day passport for my wife and myself and our two kids under the age of 11. It seemed like a lot of money to us.:eek: But we paid it and hoped that it was going to be worth it. It was! :)

Virtual Toad

At least they're trying to make an attempt to offer discounted prices here considering it is something the majority of Execs go against. If I were a local had taken this and were asked about the reasons I had not been to WDW lately, I would of said "UNI/IOA with @BryceM. Plain and simple as that."

They put themselves in this pickle in the first place a couple of years ago when they started aggressive price hikes and cut WAY back on those 40% discounts we FL types came to rely on. They also started charging an arm and a leg more for weekend nights which used to go for the same rate as weekdays. Someone (Rasulo?) said on a conference call "We'll see which side blinks first."

Guess we know who's blinking now. Serves them right because WDW is still WAY too overpriced for what's being offered. I can take the kids to Legoland and get home in time for dinner without packing, planning, worrying, overscheduling and overpaying. We just show up at the gate, walk in and enjoy. Imagine that. Yeah, Legoland isn't WDW but my kids seem to enjoy it more.

And come to think of it, WDW isn't really WDW anymore either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom