Possible new Star Tours 2 info straight from Anthony Daniels

darthjohnny

Original Poster
According to Screamscape:

icon_STOP.gif
2010 - Star Tours 2 - Rumor - (6/5/07) Any information leaked out about a possible Star Tours 2 project is always hard to find and often has to be taken under great scrutiny. The latest information however comes right out of the mouth of Anthony Daniels (C-3P0) himself. According to a Screamscape reader who attended the Adventure Con comic book convention in Knoxville last Saturday, someone from the crowd asked him if he had ridden Star Tours during the Q&A session. “He responded by saying yes and he just got finished filming the new digitalized upgrade for the ride. He said this update will start up around the end of the year and from what he has seen it looks very, very exciting.” That was all they could get out of him apparently. So there you have it, right from the mouth of 3-CP0 via the internet. Though somehow I have to question “the end of the year” part of it, unless this is simply just new material going into the queue videos. Anyone else heard more?

I think this is really cool.

Somebody is going to have to ask Anthony Daniels about it during the last weekend of Star Wars Weekends at the Disney-MGM Studios (either at the Stars of the Saga Talk Show of go up to him during one of the autograph signings.)

If Anthony Daniels had to film a new digitized film, I think it is more likely going to end up as a new attraction rather than just updating the queue videos because there really is no need just to do that. :D

WDWFigment

I'm sure someone will catch wind of this rumor and, if it's true, remind all of the characters at the Star Wars Weekends to keep tightlipped about this. I'm sure they signed confidentiality agreements, you'd think they understand these, right?

erasure fan1

If its true "thank the maker!" Its about time. I will wait and see untill something a bit more concrete comes out before I start going nuts.

I-4Warrior

I'm really not surprised that Daniels leaked info... seemingly the two most loose-lipped members of the Star Wars galaxy are Peter Mayhew and Mr. Daniels. It doesn't seem as though they have to be pressed too hard for information on the franchise.

Lee

Adventurer
Tenative approval for a substantial refurb to Star Tours was given several months ago. The scope of the reurb is uncertain, at least to me.
Timeframe mentioned in the article should be fairly accurate.

Been sitting on that nugget for a while. Glad it's getting out there.

WhyteAL

I have a very good feeling about this!

"Don't center on your anxiaties GymLeader"
"it's not the refurb...something else...something elusive...":drevil:

LOL

(I know I've seen these movies way to many times, I guess I'll just have to watch them some more)

Thank goodness it's bout freakin' time :sohappy:

PhilharMagician

ST needs more than just a new digitalized film. It needs a completed update including the queue, load zone and ride vehicles. A new film only will be only a bandaid. I know Lee cannot talk much about it but hearing the word substantial makes me feel better. ST would most likely have to close down soon after SW weekends to get any refurb done prior to the holiday season.

Now is this rumored for WDW or DL or both??? Screamscape is pointing to WDW.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Tenative approval for a substantial refurb to Star Tours was given several months ago. The scope of the reurb is uncertain, at least to me.

You know Lee, you can always feel free to PM me those little nuggets.:D

Glad to hear a refurb is on the way. It has been desperately needed for quite some time now.

Champion

I'm sure someone will catch wind of this rumor and, if it's true, remind all of the characters at the Star Wars Weekends to keep tightlipped about this. I'm sure they signed confidentiality agreements, you'd think they understand these, right?

Or they are planning on announcing it at SWW.

Pete C

Please tell me we are getting a new ride system like StormRider at TDS. Digital film would also point to "REAL D" being a possibility if they want to do 3D.

Enigma

Account Suspended

The guy who said the wand was coming down this summer also said that the greenlight was given for Star Tours and that it would be a major overhaul. I am goodfriends with this source and know him to be very reliable.

Also, although he doesn't know, it is my speculation that Disney gave the greenlight to this project once they got wind that Universal sealed the deal for harry potter. I bet Disney didn't annticipate Universal announcing the Harry Protter project so soon.

EpcotServo

It'd be great if they keep the same film, but remaster it with new sound and Digital EFX. Add in some new lighting, new (Skywalker-sound approved) speakers, and It'd be as good as new!

Since1976

Though I would rather have a new attraction than just a new ride film, I am very happy to have semi-concrete positive word that *something* is actually in progress!

Warning, I sense that I am about to re-post one of my pie-in-the-sky Star Tours re-vamp ideas... :lol:

I want to see the entire area razed and replaced with "Soarin'...through a Galaxy Far, Far Away." The Soarin' ride vehicle would have to be themed to fit into the Star Wars universe, of course. Perhaps the giant IMAX screen would function as the front window (protected by a forcefield?) of the huge space touring vehicle in which the audience is seated.

Here's my dream scenario: Watto has won a gigantic (but junky) touring vehicle in a "game of chance", and has opened it to citizens of Tatooine. We enter through Watto's shop, which now has a ridiculously humongous addition -- a hangar in which the Touring Vehicle sits.

We launch in the Soarin' vehicle, but the engine fails us momentarily, and we end up swooping down into a pod race for a minute. Finally, the pilot (a precursor to Rex?) regains control and we lightspeed away.

After some misadventures -- asteroids, bounty hunters -- we end up at the Battle of Coruscant (from Revenge of the Sith), where we weave in and out of the huge melee. We see General Grievous' starship (with Anakin and Obi-Wan on board), falling toward the planet.

Suddenly, our ship is hit as well, and we plummet towards Coruscant right behind the Jedi. Rex straigtens us out, and we weave through the traffic of the city before crash-landing.

That's my daydream. I hope the Imagineers read this and run with my idea...

imagineer boy

Wow, I'm in shock at this news. This is great! As much as I still love the ride, the film is incredibly dated looking.

Is there any truth to what Anthony Daniels said about the new film is already made? If so, wow, how did that get by all of our scources?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom