Possible First Time Stay @Caribbean Beach...advice?

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
We are looking at trying Caribbean Beach for the first time this spring, and in looking through information regarding bus stops, proximity to main area, etc and wanted your advice.

This trip will be just DH and me. We wanted to be in the Epcot resort area since it will be Flower & Garden time. Being near the main area of the resort is not really a priority for us. We dont mind a nice walk. We are more curious about bus transportation. Is it better to be one of the first pickups (and what buildings would that be?) even though you then have to sit through the rest of the resort stops. Do you generally still get a seat if you're one of the last stops (and what buildings are those?) I read that Aruba and Jamaica are the quietest areas, which hubby and I will appreciate more than the hustle and hubbub of the main areas.

Thanks for any insight you can give!

Tinkerkelle

I would say first pick up is best. When we stayed we were in the pirate rooms which were often a last stop and, at peak times, the bus filled by the time it got to us. We walked to port royale to pick up breakfast and caught the bus there. The islands you mentioned are the ones I'd pick if staying again-a short walk over the bridge to port royale and first to be picked up. We loved this lush, beautiful resort.

Rob562

Although CBR is considered "Epcot Area", it's not as convenient as the deluxe Epcot resorts since you cannot walk to Epcot.

Since Epcot is a priority and you're looking at Moderates, don't rule out Riverside or French Quarter. They are due east of Epcot, and have an equivalent (or shorter) bus ride there vs CBR.

But if you do go with CBR and aren't springing for a Preferred room, I second the suggestion of Jamaica or Aruba near the bridge.

-Rob

Jess G

I've stayed at CBR a few times, my favorite area was Jamaica. I requested Jamaica water view on top floor last time and got exactly that. no more than 5 minutes to the main area and close to a bus stop... a good tip is that you can see some of epcots and hollywood studios higher fireworks if you stand on the bridge near the pool. The food court there is great!

Mrhappyplace

Although CBR is considered "Epcot Area", it's not as convenient as the deluxe Epcot resorts since you cannot walk to Epcot.

Since Epcot is a priority and you're looking at Moderates, don't rule out Riverside or French Quarter. They are due east of Epcot, and have an equivalent (or shorter) bus ride there vs CBR.

But if you do go with CBR and aren't springing for a Preferred room, I second the suggestion of Jamaica or Aruba near the bridge.

-Rob

We briefly considered Riverside/French Quarter mostly for convenience to Disney Springs which we want to have a meal or two at. We visited the New Orleans resorts last year and while @myhappyplace wants to stay there someday neither resort particularly appeal to me. We considered Yacht & Boardwalk but they were about twice the price of Caribbean Beach so we ruled it out for this trip.

tor29c

I would say first pick up is best. When we stayed we were in the pirate rooms which were often a last stop and, at peak times, the bus filled by the time it got to us. We walked to port royale to pick up breakfast and caught the bus there. The islands you mentioned are the ones I'd pick if staying again-a short walk over the bridge to port royale and first to be picked up. We loved this lush, beautiful resort.
I don't mean to hijack this topic but we are 9 days out from checking into a pirate room. Can you tell me if you found the walk to Port Royale or the Caribbean Cay playground that difficult? This is my only concern about this room. Thank you!

daisyduckie

I agree that if you want convenience to both Disney Springs and Epcot, either POR or POFQ is a much better choice than CBR. Epcot is maybe a 5 minute bus ride for both of those resorts, and you can't beat taking the boat for easy of access to Disney Springs.

If you are set on CBR ask for a room in Jamaica. That is typically the first bus stop picked up when going anywhere.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree that if you want convenience to both Disney Springs and Epcot, either POR or POFQ is a much better choice than CBR. Epcot is maybe a 5 minute bus ride for both of those resorts, and you can't beat taking the boat for easy of access to Disney Springs.

If you are set on CBR ask for a room in Jamaica. That is typically the first bus stop picked up when going anywhere.

The only problem with the POR/POFQ is that it is less of a discount with our pin code :(

Rob562

I don't mean to hijack this topic but we are 9 days out from checking into a pirate room. Can you tell me if you found the walk to Port Royale or the Caribbean Cay playground that difficult? This is my only concern about this room. Thank you!

All Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South. I would definitely request a room in the two northern-most buildings, 34 and 35. The closest rooms in those buildings are a 0.3 mile walk from OPR. The farthest rooms in Trinidad South are about 0.5.
(For the OP's reference, the closest rooms to the bridge in Jamaica and Aruba are just over 0.1 miles from OPR)

The internal shuttle buses run clockwise I believe, so taking the bus *to* OPR may only save you energy and not time, but going back to the room you could easily hop on any bus outside OPR and its a very quick ride to Trinidad South.

-Rob

tor29c

All Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South. I would definitely request a room in the two northern-most buildings, 34 and 35. The closest rooms in those buildings are a 0.3 mile walk from OPR. The farthest rooms in Trinidad South are about 0.5.
(For the OP's reference, the closest rooms to the bridge in Jamaica and Aruba are just over 0.1 miles from OPR)

The internal shuttle buses run clockwise I believe, so taking the bus *to* OPR may only save you energy and not time, but going back to the room you could easily hop on any bus outside OPR and its a very quick ride to Trinidad South.

-Rob
Rob, you have been such a wealth of great information for me during the planning of this trip! Thank you so much for all you do for not just me but others on this forum! Truly appreciated!! I will definitely ask for building 34 or 35!

Tinkerkelle

It took about 8 minutes at a brisk pace. There are internal buses but we didn't bother, we just walked - no hardship with such a pleasant walk round the lake! There's a path that takes you right there and an underpass means you don't even have to cross the road. I agree, the distance was a real concern for us too, though. We just planned accordingly to minimise the number of walks. The main pool was brilliant, I'd say one of the best onsite resort pools, but there are quiet pools in each island that take less than a minute to get to as well. The pirate rooms are fab and my 2 boys loved them. Enjoy!

tor29c

It took about 8 minutes at a brisk pace. There are internal buses but we didn't bother, we just walked - no hardship with such a pleasant walk round the lake! There's a path that takes you right there and an underpass means you don't even have to cross the road. I agree, the distance was a real concern for us too, though. We just planned accordingly to minimise the number of walks. The main pool was brilliant, I'd say one of the best onsite resort pools, but there are quiet pools in each island that take less than a minute to get to as well. The pirate rooms are fab and my 2 boys loved them. Enjoy!
Thanks so much for your response! You definitely eased my concerns!

NonnaT

Another CBR lover here! Stayed in POFQ and POR and did not like them nearly as well! The pool area at CBR is fabulous!
I agree with other posters about Aruba and Jamaica. And just as an FYI, it is sometimes a bit closer to go to the Jamaica bus stop than the Aruba stop even if staying in Aruba.
We have never ever used the internal bus, however we aren't toting children with short little legs, so the internal bus can be really useful!
Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom