Possible Early Arrival of Magic Bands

devinc214

Original Poster
Hi I just ordered one of the premium magic bands for a trip I have coming up in June. Will I get those magic bands early then if I got the normal magic bands?

jinx8402

Yes, any order with premium magic bands will be shipped within a few days. You'll get all the magic bands you selected, including the complimentary bands

cjlyon

I know people are saying upgraded magic bands ship out right away and I have been sent a tracking # but my usps shipping status says "on its way to USPS". Does anyone know how long magic bands are taking to arrive once ordered? I was sent the tracking # on the 10th and I'm still waiting.

Club Cooloholic

I know people are saying upgraded magic bands ship out right away and I have been sent a tracking # but my usps shipping status says "on its way to USPS". Does anyone know how long magic bands are taking to arrive once ordered? I was sent the tracking # on the 10th and I'm still waiting.
Usps has been backed up on everyone. Be thankful they are just bands and not Xmas presents! If they never arrive I am sure Disney will send again.

cjlyon

yeah but i upgraded and paid for these my trip is in less than a month and dont want them if they dont arrive before my trip.

nickys

Premium Member
yeah but i upgraded and paid for these my trip is in less than a month and dont want them if they dont arrive before my trip.
If they haven’t arrived about 10-14 days before your trip, call and explain. They will either try and get them (if still available) and leave them at your resort for you to pick up when you arrive (if you’re staying onsite) or refund you.

HouCuseChickie

I'm in the same boat, as are many people. My premium bands were ordered on Dec 8th, shipped on the 10th and have been sitting ever since. They say that USPS in Davenport is waiting on my bands. So, basically the equivalent of a label being created and nothing else. I've spoken to Disney multiple times and they've been utterly useless. The first person said they couldn't help me by email and said I'd have to call their IT group. The IT group I spoke to before Christmas said they couldn't help and I'd have to wait on an email from another group...because they were too busy to talk to me at the time. I have yet to see that email. I called again today into the main line, got transferred to MDE IT and they insist USPS has them and I'd need to call USPS to get a better picture of what's going on. The girl today also noted that they've been getting a lot of calls lately about MB shipment issues and that I could call their merch line in a week or two if they still don't arrive.

I know USPS is overwhelmed for any number of reasons, but between a kid bday in Nov., orders for bathroom remodeling, Hanukkah and Christmas gifts, etc...I have been feeling like a 1 woman receiving center over the last 8-10 weeks. I realize not everything was shipped via USPS, but maybe 1/3 were and my Magic Bands are the only issue...and I'm finding it fishy that so many people are having issues...the same issues.

NelleBelle

Well this doesn't sound promising 🙄 I ordered my MB back in mid-December and emailed on 12/25 that it was "mailed" but when I tracked it, it too was sitting in "Davenport" waiting for USPS to pick it up. So add me to the MB/USPS boat :cautious: But at least my trip isn't until April. I ordered early because my Mom fell for a MB that wasn't available at shopDisney. Hopefully they show up and don't get lost in limbo. Will be interested to see how long it takes.

HouCuseChickie

Well this doesn't sound promising 🙄 I ordered my MB back in mid-December and emailed on 12/25 that it was "mailed" but when I tracked it, it too was sitting in "Davenport" waiting for USPS to pick it up. So add me to the MB/USPS boat :cautious: But at least my trip isn't until April. I ordered early because my Mom fell for a MB that wasn't available at shopDisney. Hopefully they show up and don't get lost in limbo. Will be interested to see how long it takes.

For what it's worth, this is what my shipping status looks like. This is not a guarantee of there being a problem for yours, but I'd watch it and your mail. I've read several people have received theirs and the status never changed from what's reflected below. I wound up calling the Disney merch line today. They agreed that it's been too long as I'm nearing the 1 month mark, so they've put in a reorder request and said I should be seeing an email soon confirming the new shipment. She said my order number will stay the same, but I'll get new shipping tracking info. Hopefully you won't need it, but if you are still waiting as we near the end of January...the number is 877-560-6477. Weekday hours were 8-5:30 ET. Unfortunately...I can't read my own writing for weekend hours, but it looks like Sat may be 9-4 and Sun 7:30-11...I think.

1609786129078.png

cjlyon

That's exactly what mine says. I guess I'm calling disney today to see what they are going to do my trip is the end of this month. HouCuseChickie did you order the discounted ones offered when booking a trip or from the shop Disney site?

HouCuseChickie

That's exactly what mine says. I guess I'm calling disney today to see what they are going to do my trip is the end of this month. HouCuseChickie did you order the discounted ones offered when booking a trip or from the shop Disney site?

I ordered the discounted ones through MDE. They had me talk to their IT services twice before saying I should call the merch line.

cjlyon

I finally talked to someone today and got mine reordered and I'm having them shipped to the resort since we are less than 3 weeks out. Mine were shipped at the same date and time I'm wondering if that whole group sent at that time disappeared.

JIMINYCR

Theres not much you can do but wait on them. The USPS has been overwhelmed well before thanksgiving since more people were ordering and shipping from online sites than ever before. They werent prepared to handle such a hit. We expect them to be a fast and efficient service but thats not what weve had for many years. Using the tracking numbers and seeing things havent moved from one location for days and even weeks have made me quite irritated. I'm sure Disney is going to have a lot of annoyed arriving guests that havent received their MB that were ordered with plenty of lead time and they will have to make good on them.

HouCuseChickie

I finally talked to someone today and got mine reordered and I'm having them shipped to the resort since we are less than 3 weeks out. Mine were shipped at the same date and time I'm wondering if that whole group sent at that time disappeared.

Did you get a new shipment notification on your reorder? And did you see anything change on MDE for your MBs? I wound up calling the merch line last Monday and they agreed it's been too long and something is wrong with mine. They were going to reorder, but I have yet to receive the new shipment notification I was promised and now my bands don't look quite right on MDE. Just comparing notes, since I'm probably going to have to call again. We're about 3.5 weeks out.

NelleBelle

Update on my stalled MBs--the alert from USPS had them moving to Las Vegas late last week and they finally arrived in Seattle. Hopefully they arrive sometime this week (for some reason, I can't find the "delivery date").

HouCuseChickie

Update from me as well...after a little over a week from calling the merch line, I got a notification that my new bands have shipped. Like the original bands, they are still showing USPS awaiting the package, but it's only day 1. So, I'm going to try and be optimistic.

cjlyon

I had my new ones shipped to the resort in fear they wouldn't be here in time but it seems my original bands have finally started moving and say the will be here on Tuesday the 19th.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom