Possible AVATAR Patents?

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
I tend to frequent the US Patent site to see what Disney's been up to. I stumbled on a couple of interesting patents that might be related to some of the Avatar and Rivers of Light stuff. I thought I would post them here in case anyone else was interested.

I'll stop for now, lol. There's two more I remember seeing, but I didn't quite find. I'll post them later if I come across them again.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I tend to frequent the US Patent site to see what Disney's been up to. I stumbled on a couple of interesting patents that might be related to some of the Avatar and Rivers of Light stuff. I thought I would post them here in case anyone else was interested.

I'll stop for now, lol. There's two more I remember seeing, but I didn't quite find. I'll post them later if I come across them again.

Although these could be used for Avatar, most of them are to old to have been developed specifically for Avatar. The last one appears to be similar to some elements of the Ratatouille being built in Paris.

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
Although these could be used for Avatar, most of them are to old to have been developed specifically for Avatar. The last one appears to be similar to some elements of the Ratatouille being built in Paris.

Agreed. That's sort of what I meant - they could be used for, but not necessarily specifically for Avatar. Heck, these may never become reality either! But, they have some similar elements to what we've heard for Avatar.

ntoeman

That and possibly for Shanghai? Regardless of where they could go, very exciting stuff to see!

ntoeman

Could be, or could be for no where. Just because they have patented something doesn't mean they actually have current plans to use it.

Oh ya, true as well!! I've seen some patents over the years that have been related to some exciting things that come out of Disney Research labs too.

PorterRedkey

It looks like the links you provided now go to different Disney patents, but not the interesting ones you listed. (One was about a Karaoke microphone, another was about a game controller that had a stylus.)

Would you be able to post the links again, or just list the patent numbers and I can go look it up myself? I would love to check this out.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I have just finished the onerous patent process and now own the intellectual rights to Avatar. JC and Disney are going to have to start ponying up some cash, cuz yours truly is more than a bit miffed at the use of my intellectual property without my permisson.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom