News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

DisneyFan18

Can we all agree that it would be a disappointment if it's just a Mary Poppins Carousel? I mean they have built a Carousel and the Jolly Holiday ride...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There is no "it" at this point...

They have committed to mission space changes, the marvel fish out of water coaster, and the ratatuoille clone...

Now...the way it's lining up, very well could be something imminent (NOT the Brazil pavillion)...but based on pattern this doesn't seem like the time or place for an announcement...yet.

HauntedMansionFLA

even if the ride itself is worse? you only care about the IP?
We don’t even know if there is anything be put in there. And if there isn’t anything announced, the old “things changed” excuse will be thrown out there. I would be disappointed if it’s a spinner but a tasteful carousel will be pleasing. Now an attraction like a splash Mountain would be something that might get thumbs up from most visitors.

Frizzball

Honestly this seems like the Epcot addition that's most likely going to be completely scrapped so I'm not holding my breath, but a Carousel, whatever's it's themeing would be intensely disappointing and really not something that will be a benefit to WS at all.

GlacierGlacier

There's more to it than that in the case of Shanghai...it was covered in some press in the run up.

Disney...and it's IP except for marvel and Pixar...are NOT popular in China. It was a big risk. That's why iger harped on IP relevance.

Even Star Wars has done poorly in China...which makes it the ONLY place on earth that can claim that title. They don't love Mickey much either...across the Sea of Japan? Different story entirely.
Pirates is also quite popular in China. That's part of the reason why they have the absolute best (technologically) rendition of Pirates.

Kman101

We'll probably never know unless an insider spills but I'm curious why they changed course on this? I thought the light was all but green. Oh well. Hope it's not super lame but it sounds like it could be. Hope we get more details soon. I was warming to a Brave dark ride (though I'd prefer several other IPs over it). I was never expecting an E, we were told NOT to expect an E, but I was hoping for a dark ride ala Fantasyland. Now it sounds like we're getting a spinner or carrousel which we were first told we weren't getting.

Is it safe to assume the Epcot plans that weren't announced are still in flux @marni1971 @Magic Feather ? Meaning the spine, the UK attraction, Brazil .... does the rumored hotel have anything to do with plans maybe shifting?

Magic Feather

We'll probably never know unless an insider spills but I'm curious why they changed course on this? I thought the light was all but green. Oh well. Hope it's not super lame but it sounds like it could be. Hope we get more details soon. I was warming to a Brave dark ride (though I'd prefer several other IPs over it). I was never expecting an E, we were told NOT to expect an E, but I was hoping for a dark ride ala Fantasyland. Now it sounds like we're getting a spinner or carrousel which we were first told we weren't getting.

Is it safe to assume the Epcot plans that weren't announced are still in flux @marni1971 @Magic Feather ? Meaning the spine, the UK attraction, Brazil .... does the rumored hotel have anything to do with plans maybe shifting?
IIRC, Brazil paperwork is being finalized. UK is in development hell like Stitch, but still projected for WDW50. Hotel is around the same time, if not a bit later than Guardians. The bottom line is. By 2023, expect at least one new pavillion and one new ride (not Rat) in WS. If things get done, both of those number may change to 2.

Kman101

IIRC, Brazil paperwork is being finalized. UK is in development hell like Stitch, but still projected for WDW50. Hotel is around the same time, if not a bit later than Guardians. The bottom line is. By 2023, expect at least one new pavillion and one new ride (not Rat) in WS. If things get done, both of those number may change to 2.

Thank you! I always appreciate what you can share :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's also they keep making the movies long past that point that anyone wants to see them. Stateside, anyway.

Good point...

The reality with Shanghai -
Completely different from Hong Kong which was London east until 2000 - is that they couldn't just build a magic kingdom...there's no affinity for 20th century disney properties that would drive the park in the native culture. So they had to go more off script with the choices.

It's tough when you can't bank on Mickey and darth Vader.

Shanghai appears to be stable...but it's hard to trust anything the Chinese government really says. They build empty cities as jobs programs and under report their population by 500 million or so...

I wonder if this will be tied to iger's later years as euro was to frank wells and dak/California adventure was to Eisner?

Princess Leia

Thanks for sharing, Feather! The Brazil bit sounds hopeful :joyfull:

DisneyFan18

Do you think that the replacement/update for the Imagination Pavillion will be done by 2023 as well?

Frankiepopsicles

I would love to see a India Pavillon in Epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom