News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

By NO means is this confirmation and by NO means do I speak for @marni1971, however in a GotG/Epcot post about then-upcoming D23 announcements, he alluded to us getting "triplets."

This could very well have meant a trio of Epcot announcements at D23. But I, a major Epcot and Marni fan (aka I spend way too much time trying and failing to de-code him), read it to be a Brave reference for the new UK pavilion attraction.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...avilion-at-epcot.915061/page-357#post-7788690

disneygeek90

I know Brave isn't the most popular IP amongst the masses. This is literally my favorite animated movie and I could cry just thinking about this as a possibility. I admire Merida and her personality more than any other Disney character. I have a large Merida statue (not Jim Shore) and a canvas painting of her in my apartment as well as orange arrow drapes above the window next to it.
I'm trying not to get myself too excited but it's already happening.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

I know Brave isn't the most popular IP amongst the masses. This is literally my favorite animated movie and I could cry just thinking about this as a possibility. I admire Merida and her personality more than any other Disney character. I have a large Merida statue (not Jim Shore) and a canvas painting of her in my apartment as well as orange arrow drapes above the window next to it.

My work computer makes us change our password every 3 months. A few weeks ago it was my time to change. It's currently "*********." I'm trying not to get myself too excited but it's already happening.

While I appreciate your love of Merida, maybe DON'T broadcast your passwords on message boards?

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

A "weak" Pixar film is still stronger than nearly all other animated films.

Kung Fu Panda is better than Brave. Zootopia is better than Brave. Big Hero 6 is better than Brave. Just about all of the Golden Age Disney animated films are better than Brave, needless to say, really. Spirited Away is better than Brave. Kiki's Delivery Service is better than Brave (and has a much better heroine). Kubo and the Two Strings is better than Brave. Etc., etc., etc. With the exception of Cars, and only because Cars sucks worse, just about any major quality animated film from any studio is better than Brave IMO.

disneygeek90

Kung Fu Panda is better than Brave. Zootopia is better than Brave. Big Hero 6 is better than Brave. Just about all of the Golden Age Disney animated films are better than Brave, needless to say, really. Spirited Away is better than Brave. Kiki's Delivery Service is better than Brave (and has a much better heroine). Kubo and the Two Strings is better than Brave. Etc., etc., etc. With the exception of Cars, and only because Cars sucks worse, just about any major quality animated film from any studio is better than Brave IMO.
You lost me at Kung Fu Panda.

Casper Gutman

I'd agree with many of these and add Coraline, Rango, How to Train Your Dragon 1, Frozen, Tangled, etc. I'd even take Cars 1 and 3 in preference. I wouldn't say EVERY animated film from any studio, just Disney, Pixar, and Laika.

Brave really isn't BAD, it's just sort of there. It never really seems to take off - it lacks drive. And I wanted so much more from a Pixar film with Craig Ferguson.

I would love to see Brave or The Sword in the Stone in just so the pavillion takes on a little Celtic culture given that 3/4 countries making up the union were Celtic, either that or just make the pavillion England. It seems a much better fit than Alice in wonderland which takes place in a field and a dream world. I concede that Mary Poppins is probably easiest given the existing style. Maybe a storybook corner would be nice that includes scene from all kind of British literature, Celtic legend and famous British literature alike and then they could all fit, but that's just my happy little dream.

Clopin Trouillefou

Even if I personally think Brave is middle-of-the-pack as far as Pixar movies go (nothing like Up or Wall-e, infinitely better than the Cars sequels), I can dig that they're going with an IP that doesn't have, at least for the moment, any irons in the proverbial fire, like the mary poppins reboot. For everyone that feels Disney only greenlights attractions with an obvious film and merch tie-in, this should be kind of refreshing.

I will say, if the people in the know are able to disclose anything in the future, I would be EXTREMELY curious to see/hear if the Scottish Independence Referendum played a part in this at all. That'd be a pretty fascinating discussion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom