News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They've already kind of road tested a Brave attraction.....

Back in 2012 they had the mini Highland games running at Epcot to promote the movie. Now they could actually just adapt that a bit, move Merida from the MK and there you have it for little outlay. Granted it's not a ride though, so my next question for @marni1971 is this: "can you confirm if this is an actual ride?". Appreciating that he may not be able to answer. ;)

I should add I really hope this is a ride, and not some cheap attraction. And actually the argument against this idea is the completion date, as this would take a few months at most to install, and I'm positive our insiders have said after Rat.
Currently it is a new ride.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I assume we're still talking a warehouse'd wonder and not a tall structure. Being a B-ticket or lowly-C limits things.
Currently it is a new ride.
What is your definition of "new" is this context? As in a new addition to the park, new as in brand new and not refurbished/reused or repurposed, or is it simply a new ride concept or new ride type?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I assume we're still taking a warehouse'd wonder and not a tall structure. Being a B-ticket or modest C that limits things.
What is your definition of "new" is this context? Are we talking new as in a new addition to the park, new as in brand new and not refurbished or reused or new; a new ride concept or ride type?
New to the park and I believe to parks. I doubt it'll be a new concept or unseen ride system.

Phineas

Would an interactive walkthrough attraction qualify as a B? Something like Les Mysteres du Nautilus at Disneyland Paris or the Sleeping Beauty display at Disneyland? Maybe something like that, since it seems a dark ride is (woefully) not the game plan?

Phineas

Omni-Mover ala Mermaid?
Well, per @nbar and his recap of this rumor:
  • "Dark ride was one of the proposals, not looking likely now"
Unless for some reason Omnimover attractions are not considered Dark Rides, but that feels like splitting hairs. As far as I know, Mermaid, like Haunted Mansion and Nemo, are Dark Rides that happen to use the Omnimover ride system.

That ^ might be the most pedantic thing I've ever written.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Well, per @nbar and his recap of this rumor:
  • "Dark ride was one of the proposals, not looking likely now"
Unless for some reason Omnimover attractions are not considered Dark Rides, but that feels like splitting hairs. As far as I know, Mermaid, like Haunted Mansion and Nemo, are Dark Rides that happen to use the Omnimover ride system.

That ^ might be the most pedantic thing I've ever written.

Fair points.

Well then I am stumped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom