News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

clemmo

UK has a ride on the table. As Martin said, theme is TBD. Still nowhere near the stage of development of France though.
Does that mean things are really moving along on the rat proposal? From the way you make it sound they're moving at an unexpectedly fast pace which is very not disney like. Also if we're taking ip's in the UK pavillion count me in for Poppins or a close second in Mr Toads

MrHappy

Does that mean things are really moving along on the rat proposal? From the way you make it sound they're moving at an unexpectedly fast pace which is very not disney like. Also if we're taking ip's in the UK pavillion count me in for Poppins or a close second in Mr Toads
Hey @clemmo, I took Feather's comment as determining the France pavilions attraction was first on the docket in Blue Sky, now ready to move to the next stage. Next on the docket was UK Blue Sky. Feather's comment wasn't really about speed of execution.

wdwgreek

Those famous insiders always have that fallback of the 'nothing has been finalized' excuse.

Still waiting for the rumoured Epcot expansion, Tomorrow Land expansion, etc etc - all rumours started by these famous insiders. Surely they are bound to get one rite soon enough. :angelic:
I just want to respond really fast. These insiders and friends of insiders share what they can and give us a glipse into the backstage development room. Thousands of things are proposed, some are sketched out, some are mocked up and very few actually get built. When they say nothing has been finalized they mean here where they are at with the process, but nothing is a sure thing. Until the shovel hits the ground there is no sure thing and even then look at New fantasyland it changed after shovels hit the ground. If we wanted sure things, we would have to just wait until Disney announced it, and even ala Western River Expedition its still not a sure thing. Be happy and thankful for the glance we get.... They could very well choose to say nothing.

Cmdr_Crimson

And here I was thinking they were going to bring Loch Ness Landing from AK back from the dead...

But if anything..How big is the footprint of the World Showplace since it fits snuggly between UK & Canada?
6140012105_9d972bd6ea.jpg

doctornick

Today's DI$ cares only about synergy and IP. Since there is a sequel in the works, 'Mary Poppins' is the only thing that makes sense.

People have mentioned Mary Poppins, but if they are going to use an established IP by Disney, I think Sword In the Stone is actually the ideal choice. The myth of Arthur is a major part of British lore and would be good representation in a UK pavilion. Robin Hood also fits conceptually, but the use of cartoon animals in that film makes it less ideal for Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom