News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

njDizFan

Let the speculation ensue!

B Ticket range but not a flat ride(spinner, coaster, carousel, whip, drop). sounding a lot like Brave, Alice.

Not a current ride system in WDW...another water based Princess ride? Something involving Merida shooting arrows while riding her horse. IDK even the most basic dark ride would have to be at least a C-ticket.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm thinking a ride like Little Mermaid but telling the story of Sword in the Stone. Kind of historical, certainly folklore, could fit into a building at the back of or behind what I assume is a facade of Hampton Court Palace.

Hopefully not screens, more a telling of the story aka FEA / Mermaid / Peter Pan i.e.: with scenes and models.

I think it would work better with something folklore-ish, rather than totally fictional. So Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood etc. Even Nessie though more likely an IP.

Monorail_Orange

I'm thinking a ride like Little Mermaid but telling the story of Sword in the Stone. Kind of historical, certainly folklore, could fit into a building at the back of or behind what I assume is a facade of Hampton Court Palace.

Hopefully not screens, more a telling of the story aka FEA / Mermaid / Peter Pan i.e.: with scenes and models.

I think it would work better with something folklore-ish, rather than totally fictional. So Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood etc. Even Nessie though more likely an IP.
While your concept is fascinating, and worthy, remember that TLM, for all its shortcomings, is considered a D. We're hearing this is a B or C. That's why i was thinking 2D screens instead of physical sets. You can significantly reduce the footprint, cap ex to construct, maintenance costs, required cast to operate, and ride times with the screens.

bclane

Ok after carefully researching this thread, I am fairly convinced it will be Brave based and look something like this (since it seems we have ruled pretty much everything else out):
IMG_9270.JPG

nickys

Premium Member
While your concept is fascinating, and worthy, remember that TLM, for all its shortcomings, is considered a D. We're hearing this is a B or C. That's why i was thinking 2D screens instead of physical sets. You can significantly reduce the footprint, cap ex to construct, maintenance costs, required cast to operate, and ride times with the screens.

Yeah, hadn't thought about ride levels. Screens it is then :(

Let's cling to the fact that somewhere in this thread, Martin did say he was fairly excited for this ride. Of course, we don't know if it's changed since then, and he could have been referring to one of several aspects to it (IP, ride type etc.). But it's the best we have right now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom