News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

HauntedMansionFLA

Eventually, in about 3 years, apparently.

I kind of wonder if any of us have guessed the IP. We've sort of listed them all, so someone is bound to be right.
Okay :) After 37 pages I was beginning to wonder. I would love Poppins, Bedknobs and broomsticks or 101 Dalmatians because I'm older. I'm surprised they don't push for BatB since it did so well. Oh knows? I guess wait till D23.

clemmo

Okay :) After 37 pages I was beginning to wonder. I would love Poppins, Bedknobs and broomsticks or 101 Dalmatians because I'm older. I'm surprised they don't push for BatB since it did so well. Oh knows? I guess wait till D23.
From the sounds of the insiders this and RAT may not be announced yet.

BenJacobs

No, you're a tad oversensitive. If you have an unpopular opinion, in that you don't care for Mary Poppins, that's totally fine. Stick to your guns.

But the problem is you didn't do that. You attributed your disinterest of Mary Poppins to just about everyone. And that's demonstrably not true. And when it's pointed out that it's not true and you're being self-contradictory ("there aren't many MP fans" and "I've offended many MP fans") then your argument is highlighted as weak and self-contradictory.

And then you play the victim card: Rather than apologizing for being wrong, you attribute to us that we're easily offended with the implication that we really don't have a solid rebuttal, but we're simply the type that fly off the handle and attack for no reason at all...

I don't think that most people in this forum are the type that fly off the handle and attack for no reason, I just believe that you have shown that you are that type.

Also, there can still offend loads of a type of person, even when there aren't loads of them. Loads of Mary Poppins fans refers to loads within the fanbase of Mary Poppins, whereas saying that there aren't many of them, I mean overall, in the world.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Possibly. But nothing is definite nor written off yet I don't think.

Personally there's one proposal that I hope they go with. But time will tell.

Do you think that there could be an announcement at D23 or is this a ways off from being publicly announced? Either way it's encouraging that they're not immediately writing off the bigger and better projects in favor of the cheaper options as they've done in the past.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do you think that there could be an announcement at D23 or is this a ways off from being publicly announced? Either way it's encouraging that they're not immediately writing off the bigger and better projects in favor of the cheaper options as they've done in the past.
Only a hunch is there's too much being expected from D23 announcement and specifics wise.

Phicinfan

Martin has said it won't be a carousel or a Ferris Wheel, and that the attraction is a C/D, so spinners should be out (there's still a tiny part of me that is worried, looking at how Toy Story Land is turning out).

In terms of what the general public would think of when they heard thought of British Disney movies, I think they'd be in the following order:
  1. Peter Pan
  2. Mary Poppins
  3. Alice in Wonderland (she spends most of the film in Wonderland)
  4. Brave
  5. 101 Dalmatians
And then a tie at the bottom for Mr. Toad, The Great Mouse Detective, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Sword in the Stone, and Robin Hood. Don't get me wrong, I love B&B and Robin Hood, and Robin Hood & Prince John used to roam the parks when I was little, but Disney has done very little to promote these 5 films recently. I doubt that Sword and the Stone will get anything outside of the sword pulling in MK.
With due respect I think Sword in the stone is a perfect fit, especially with the live action film forth coming. I doubt it would be Peter Pan as that is in MK right now.

Princess Leia

With due respect I think Sword in the stone is a perfect fit, especially with the live action film forth coming. I doubt it would be Peter Pan as that is in MK right now.
Is that still in the works? I can't seem to find anything recent about it.

If a remake is still a plan, I say go for it (though a castle like attraction would stick out against the architecture of the other UK buildings). Also, if a live action remake does happen, it sets itself up for sequels about the Arthurian legend (I have no hope for the Guy Ritchie Arthur film coming out next month).

Last edited:

BenJacobs

I'll bet you my paycheck that less kids know "Song of the South" than Marry Poppins and Splash Mountain seems pretty popular.

That's because you aren't expected to know Song of the South, as it is in essence a ride that isn't based on a film(as just about nobody has actually seen the film), but with a Mary Poppins ride, you are sort of expected to know the storyline of the film and every major event.

KrzyKtty

That's because you aren't expected to know Song of the South, as it is in essence a ride that isn't based on a film(as just about nobody has actually seen the film), but with a Mary Poppins ride, you are sort of expected to know the storyline of the film and every major event.
I don't know, if done correctly I don't think it would matter if you knew the film or not. For example if they did a Mary Poppins ride, it could be based on the fantasy world of color that was drawn in movie. Part of the que has you perform the "hop, skip, jump" whatever, enter the "painting" and then you get on the vehicle and take a carriage ride through the "park". Towards the end it is a race against time as the "rain" washes the painting away and you need to get out. You finally jump out of the painting at the last second. As you leave the que, the sun comes out again. Even if you don't know the movie, the wonderful fantastical world around you, created to look like you are in the artwork would still be one heck of a ride. Kids and parents would have fun regardless I bet. You don't even have to show the original IP characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom