Positive Covid Test,

allstar01

Original Poster
My wife and I have our cruise coming up May 16, we started developing Covid symptoms over 10 days before, unfortunately we didn’t get tested till 9 days before cruise, according to cdc you can get a 90 day recovery so you don’t have to get tested, however you must have a test between 11-90 days, our test was 9days , been trying to call Disney cruise line but been on hold 4+ hours. Do we just go day of and see what happens? Thank you for any advice

ChuckElias

That's a really tough situation. I see you're only a half hour or so from the port, so you could just drive to the port and hope that you pass the test. If that's your plan, I would personally test at home first. But I think you're more likely to test positive if you've just had it. (That's why you can get the 90 day recovery exception, right?).

But being so close, you're not risking very much by just showing and getting tested. Good luck!

DisAl

DISNEY CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTENT AT THIS TIME :mad::mad::mad:
I have been trying for FOUR weeks to get a question answered relating to an upcoming Disney cruise. When I call the system either says it can't handle the call and hangs up or gives me a message that "Due to a recent systems upgrade we are experiencing longer than normal wait times." UPGRADE??? Upgrades are supposed to make things better not increase wait times to as some have said up to eight hours. Whoever was responsible for this so called upgrade needs to be put somewhere they can do no further damage.
I tried emailing my question and got a reply back after four days that did not answer my question. I emailed them again ten days ago and still have not received a reply. You may want to try contacting them via email with URGENT being the first word and see if they contact you. We won't be registering on the Safe Passage website for a couple of days yet so I don't know if there is some sort of contact you could try there.
I don't intend to spend this much money ever again with a company that I can't even talk to when I have questions. It is totally unacceptable that there is no way you can contact them with an urgent issue. I know this is "cheating" but maybe you could try pushing the button for "travel agent" or "new reservation" rather than the "existing reservation" number. At this point you just need to talk to somebody.
Good luck.

ChuckElias

DISNEY CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTENT AT THIS TIME :mad::mad::mad:

I don't intend to spend this much money ever again with a company that I can't even talk to when I have questions.
I
I fully understand your frustration. I deal with these excessive hold times (routinely more than 120 minutes) on a regular basis in my work life. All I can say in their defense is that it's not just DCL. NCL and Royal have similar issues right now.

My experience is that it doesn't matter if you choose the "guest" option or the "travel agent" option. My sister had an issue on her embarkation day last month. She called the guest line and at the same time, I called the agent line. I was disconnected after 2 hours and 20 minutes. And she resolved the issue on her own at the port ( 3 and a half hours later) before anybody picked up.

And the hold times are not a result of a "system upgrade". Come on. It's a staffing issue.

DisAl

I fully understand your frustration. I deal with these excessive hold times (routinely more than 120 minutes) on a regular basis in my work life. All I can say in their defense is that it's not just DCL. NCL and Royal have similar issues right now.

My experience is that it doesn't matter if you choose the "guest" option or the "travel agent" option. My sister had an issue on her embarkation day last month. She called the guest line and at the same time, I called the agent line. I was disconnected after 2 hours and 20 minutes. And she resolved the issue on her own at the port ( 3 and a half hours later) before anybody picked up.

And the hold times are not a result of a "system upgrade". Come on. It's a staffing issue.

Thanks for your comments.
I agree with you that it is much more likely a staffing issue than a technical issue. There is however no legitimate excuse in my opinion for either. I would be furious it I drove the 450 miles (one way) to the port and be denied boarding for some reason that could have been addressed with a phone call before arrival. I'm sure there are issues behind the scenes that I am not aware of, but the bottom line is that there is NO customer service at DCL right now and that means NO repeat business from me until they resolve the problems.

Phonedave

My wife an I have a cruise (not DCL) coming up in July. We plan to get tested early June. We have both had COVID and out concern is that we will test positive. If we test positive in early June, then we are covered if we test positive again just before our cruise.

Tony the Tigger

My wife and I have our cruise coming up May 16, we started developing Covid symptoms over 10 days before, unfortunately we didn’t get tested till 9 days before cruise, according to cdc you can get a 90 day recovery so you don’t have to get tested, however you must have a test between 11-90 days, our test was 9days , been trying to call Disney cruise line but been on hold 4+ hours. Do we just go day of and see what happens? Thank you for any advice
What ever happened with this?

disneyfireman

Best news of the..well I guess ever for cruising.....testing and vaccine requirements have just today been lifted by several cruise lines....not sure if Disney is one.....just breaking...still.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Best news of the..well I guess ever for cruising.....testing and vaccine requirements have just today been lifted by several cruise lines....not sure if Disney is one.....just breaking...still.
I'm seeing Virgin and Norwegian, any others?

Drummermom

We are going on the wish next week. It was a family cruise but one couple got pregnant and the baby was born on the 14 th. Been trying to cancel their portion for SIX MONTHS!! Our travel agent has anyway. Never again will I deal with Disney after this cruise. Cancelling my Disney credit card as well.

ChuckElias

We are going on the wish next week. It was a family cruise but one couple got pregnant and the baby was born on the 14 th. Been trying to cancel their portion for SIX MONTHS!! Our travel agent has anyway. Never again will I deal with Disney after this cruise. Cancelling my Disney credit card as well.

I'm really sorry for your frustration, but why in the world have you been unable to cancel the pregnant couple? Especially if you have a travel agent, they can do it right online. It shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

If they're still on the reservation and you cancel them now (within a week of sailing), the cancellation penalties will be severe.

I hope it gets cleared up for you.

RememberWhen

I'm really sorry for your frustration, but why in the world have you been unable to cancel the pregnant couple? Especially if you have a travel agent, they can do it right online. It shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

If they're still on the reservation and you cancel them now (within a week of sailing), the cancellation penalties will be severe.

I hope it gets cleared up for you.
I had the same thought. This sounds like your TA dropped the ball, as we had no issues like that when we had to adjust cruise things. We were able to drop two people from our cruise with zero issues.

EOD K9

When is your sail date?

ChuckElias

It WAS done months ago. She has documentation. Disney has not updated their new system.

Ok. Whew. As long as you have documentation, that's great. It seems odd to me, however, that they would send your TA documentation of a cancellation, but not cancel it in their system. How would the system produce documentation of a transaction that's not in the system?

I hope it gets straightened out for you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom