Portrait Sessions Questions & I'm new here....

Disney4Mi

Hello.

What an awesome site!!!! I'm sure I'll find lots of info that I need here.

Here's my story & question:

My husband and I are planning to go to Disney next year for our anniversary. I've read that we can do protrait sessions. On WDW's website, they really don't give you much info; only that you must purchase a minimum package, you can take your pictures at a resort and it can take up to 30 minutes.

Does anyone else have any other information they can share? Prices? What are their packages? What locations?
Or should I just call and try to get some more info that way?

I would love to take some pictures at MK. Would that be possible at all?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have not personally done the portrait service but I have set them up for my clients and they have all raved about them.

Here are the basic details. The sessions can be done at 1 of the 5 following resorts. The Grand Floridian, the Poly, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Beach club. You will need to make a reservation by calling 407-934-4004. If I am not mistaken the base package will start at $50 and get you about 30 minutes with the photographer and 7 prints or for $100 you can get a CD with all of the images (about 30-40 pictures).

For pictures at the parks you can have the photopass photographers take you picture in various locations in the parks and they will put them on a photopass card. Taking the pictures is free and they can be images can be purchased online or you can purchase a CD with all of the pictures for $100 pre-purchase or $150 day of.

Upvote 0

Disney4Mi

Original Poster
Thanks. Sounds great!

As far as pictures in the parks, are you talking about the regular photopass photographers?

I was wondering about a session in the park, maybe before it opens, so no one is at the park, etc... I know I've read/heard about being able to do this if you get married in Disney. Just wondering if its a package that is available to everyone...

Thanks again for the info....

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They will be able to tell you if a photo session in the parks is possible and the cost at the number I gave you in my last post. I do not know if they have a session in the parks but like most things in Disney if you have the cash they will do it.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

They will be able to tell you if a park session in the parks is possible and the cost at the number I gave you in my last post. I do not know if they have a session in the parks but like most things in Disney if you have the cash they will do it.

I can hear the cash register opening... and slamming on your fingers!

Upvote 0

Disney4Mi

Original Poster
:ROFLOL:

Actually, I took MasterYoda's advice and did call the Photo Session # he gave... I spoke with Christian. He said as of right now they only do pictures at the resorts. $49.99 for a 20 minute print package... or $99.95 for a 20 minute session and a CD w/ copyrights to the photos... or $124.95 for a 40 minute session and the CD w/ copyrights.

They book up about 2-3 months in advance (so I have some time to book mine)....

But, he said they are working on including protrait sessions that at the parks!! So, possibly, by the time I call to make a reservation (around May/June) they may have those new packages! I'm really hoping that becomes an option.

Thanks again....

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

But, he said they are working on including protrait sessions that at the parks!! So, possibly, by the time I call to make a reservation (around May/June) they may have those new packages! I'm really hoping that becomes an option.

If there is something specific you want done in the parks already, just tell the photographer at that location. If there is no or minimal lines they will usually take plenty of pictures. And you can usually find a photographer out of the way in the parks so you have minimal crowds. And if you don't end up booking a session, if the photographer at the resorts that do sessions isn't booked, they will just be out an about taking pictures of guests. We stopped by the Yacht/Beach club for a nice set of pictures after a dinner at BlueZoo so we were all dressed up. Ended up with some fabulous pictures that way. You won't have the variety of backgrounds, but it should still be nice.

Upvote 0

Chase24

Family Portraits

Hi All.
We did the 20 minute package on are last trip in October at the Polynesian. Our goal was to get a family portrait (Me, my wife, DS, DD) on our trip instead of our normal studio session at home. It turned out great. During the 20 or so minutes we were able to get pictures of all 4 of us, me and my wife, each of us and our children, and the children individually and together. Our photographer had us take pictures inside near the waterfalls, outside surrounded by different greenery, in the hammock, and on the beach. In all, we had 87 photos on our cd.

Since we were given the CD at the end, were could not add any boarders at that time, but we had already pre-purchased a photopass cd for our trip and were able to add all of the pictures to this cd and add all of the boarders at that time.

:wave:

Upvote 0

KJ1081

:ROFLOL:

Thanks again....
No offense intended, really, but if they open park photo shoots to people outside DFTW I'm going to be furious! That's the main perk we get for having our weddings on property. The park shoots are what sets DFTW's apart from weddings at the Swan/Dolphin or anywhere else. IMO, we pay the extra money for opportunities like like that. If they open them up to anyone, the least they can do is double the price for those not having a DFTW. I seriously hope this doesn't happen... *off to call DFTW coordinator*

Upvote 0

Disney4Mi

Original Poster
No offense intended, really, but if they open park photo shoots to people outside DFTW I'm going to be furious! That's the main perk we get for having our weddings on property. The park shoots are what sets DFTW's apart from weddings at the Swan/Dolphin or anywhere else. IMO, we pay the extra money for opportunities like like that. If they open them up to anyone, the least they can do is double the price for those not having a DFTW. I seriously hope this doesn't happen... *off to call DFTW coordinator*

No offense taken... Thats what websites likes these are for. Getting ideas and other opinions..... I guess it all depends on what the packages include... if its true they are going to be doing packages like these. Personally, I know that I don't want all of my photos to be at MK. If I were to purchase the 40 minute session, I hope only a portion of that will be at MK b/c I still want some other pictures at the resort.

Can you tell me how much extra it is to take those pictures? If you don't mind me asking....

By the way, I'm not too familiar w/ acronyms... what is DFTW? I'm guessing the last one is 'wedding' :confused: lol

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom