Portions of Kidzone closing January 16, 2023

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No idea what's going where, but Animal Actors really ought to go. It takes up a large chunk of prime real estate for whatever is replacing the rest of Kidzone and the attraction itself is kind of a nothing burger that no one even talks about. And if they want to keep the hodgepodge to a minimum, the SpongeBob store ought to go too. That's an underutilized IP, but it's clearly going to remain underutilized, so might as well just ditch it. If they got creative, it would be possible to use the building to reroute E.T.'s queue with a new entrance in the Central Park area, that way they can put up new facades and theme the ride's current entrance to whatever is replacing the rest of Kidzone.

I had been to Universal a couple times and didn't do that show until my last trip. It was fun, but not really worth the amount of real estate it takes up.

999th Happy Haunt

Don’t get your hopes too high.
Attraction composition was never the main problem for KidZone, it was how outdated the area felt (besides E.T., which is timeless imo). A new dark ride would be great for the area no doubt, but the reality is more relevant theming alone will get families to that back corner of the park. If that’s all we’re looking at I think it will be an overall success.

The Grand Inquisitor

Relevant podcast

Also, I will never tire of Alicia saying "STAY ON YOUR DOT!" 😄

According to Alicia feivel is being replaced by shrek and woody woodpecker is being replaced by trolls. The dream works show is going to be updated and kung fu panda or Madagascar might replace curious George. It’s rumored that they may have a phase 2 dark ride replace curious George. It could be a trolls or shrek dark ride based off the secret life of pets ride system in Hollywood.

JT3000

According to Alicia feivel is being replaced by shrek and woody woodpecker is being replaced by trolls. The dream works show is going to be updated and kung fu panda or Madagascar might replace curious George. It’s rumored that they may have a phase 2 dark ride replace curious George. It could be a trolls or shrek dark ride based off the secret life of pets ride system in Hollywood.
Maybe I missed it somehow, but I didn't hear her being committal about anything in that podcast. It all sounded like speculation.

WDWFREAK53

Maybe I missed it somehow, but I didn't hear her being committal about anything in that podcast. It all sounded like speculation.
That's how I took it as well. The most I got out of that podcast was pretty much that Pokemon isn't even being considered at this point. (And only because it's not really on their radar)

DonniePeverley

Harry Potter should have gone into this area originally ... and kept Jaws.

This kid zone has been utterly embarassing for a long time. Simply no excuse for it. It shamed Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom